Do You Blog?

douki

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there are any bloggers on here, if so what do you blog about..?

Also, how much traffic do you get and are you making any money from it?

I created a blog, but not for revenue -

Mudgem's Mage Mash
It's about multi-boxing mages in world of warcraft

My target audience is quite niche, but all of us boxers do appreciate feedback on capabilities of group compositions within the game :)

views all-time
views today
views on your busiest day, November 9, 2011 (first day!)

Nice one! I have no idea what multi-boxing mages are. I've just had a quick browse (although vids disabled at work) and it's like a window into the mind of a WoW addict lol

and you're getting over a 100 views a day which seems pretty respectable as it's only a month old.

I created a blog, but not for revenue -

Mudgem's Mage Mash
It's about multi-boxing mages in world of warcraft

My target audience is quite niche, but all of us boxers do appreciate feedback on capabilities of group compositions within the game :)

views all-time
views today
views on your busiest day, November 9, 2011 (first day!)

I suspect you're going to get a few more views today :smashin:

Just had a quick look, still no wiser :laugh:

Nice one! I have no idea what multi-boxing mages are. I've just had a quick browse (although vids disabled at work) and it's like a window into the mind of a WoW addict lol

and you're getting over a 100 views a day which seems pretty respectable as it's only a month old.

:) 100 views a day is optimistic, sorry if the cut and paste wasn't clear, but.

in about 35 days there was 1224 views, which is about 35 views per day

peaking at 139 on my first day.

It goes up when I post on two related forums with latest entries/videos :)

Oops.. haha. still 4 views is better than none, and you've still got the whole day to go :)

Mine is about cooking - mainly my weekly menu, but also occasionally recipes (although haven't done one for a while).

Haven't even attempted to make money from it - its really for me to put out planned weekly menu's to help myself and others out when looking for dinner ideas

My only attempt at a blog is here on AVF, detailing my MMA training which sadly bit the dust a year ago due to work commitments. Average 250-300 views for the later entries.

If/when I ever get back to it though I'll use the blog to refresh my memory before classes!

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes, I blog - See my work at here - all about various aspects of extreme cinema. Have been running my blog for just under 12 months now, and whilst it's not widely read, it IS read, and I've had good feedback from the guy who runs the MelonFarmers anti-censorship site. :thumbsup:

Pooch

I got one! Haven't updated in a while though. Its all about Fly Fishing. Don't make any money from it.

Catch It On A Fly

Mine is about cooking - mainly my weekly menu, but also occasionally recipes (although haven't done one for a while).

Haven't even attempted to make money from it - its really for me to put out planned weekly menu's to help myself and others out when looking for dinner ideas

you're site seems to be running incredibly slow on my computer at work almost causing the browser to crash, I'm only on IE7 at work though.

I got one! Haven't updated in a while though. Its all about Fly Fishing. Don't make any money from it.

Catch It On A Fly

you should get some pics up showing off the huge fish you've caught :thumbsup:

Hi,

Yes, I blog - See my work at here - all about various aspects of extreme cinema. Have been running my blog for just under 12 months now, and whilst it's not widely read, it IS read, and I've had good feedback from the guy who runs the MelonFarmers anti-censorship site. :thumbsup:

Pooch

I'm liking the inviting message before you enter :laugh:

I don't blog although me and a friend are currently developing an independent podcast based around heavy metal (music not material) in its entirety. Purely because we don't think that it gets enough AirPlay.

I'm just hoping a few people listen to it. That way we have a reason to carry in doing it!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you're old when the answer to this question is "Why would I bother?" ;)

what exactly does he do for work? it just seems like he's on holiday.

it does seem like that at times. He's a graphic designer. They both need just a laptop and 'net connection to work, so the world is their oyster.

I used to blog daily, for a few years. At peak I was getting anywhere between 40-70 comments per blog post and had a nice little community with several hundred visitors a day. Then I quit, and haven't done it since, apart from a couple of months on AVF when I was recording weight loss / exercise.

I do indeed, you dont have to go far from here to read it either! Shameless plug! AVForums.com - Extra Ammunition

I blog about gaming because that's what I do!

Life got in the way - busier job, more kids, DIY to do and videogames to play!

several hundred visitors a day... abandoned. how could you! :D

Did you have adverts?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone makes money from their blog and if so how much, and how many visitors do you need a day to make it worthwhile?

several hundred visitors a day... abandoned. how could you! :D

Did you have adverts?

I'd be interested to hear if anyone makes money from their blog and if so how much, and how many visitors do you need a day to make it worthwhile?

I could have had ads but to be honest I wasn't doing it to make money, and I never really did much to market the blog - it was just a word of mouth thing by visiting other blogs etc. I even got nominated in the Irish Blog Awards a couple of times (yes, there is such a thing... :) ), but didn't win.

Google ads give a fraction of a penny per view (can't remember exactly how much but you can dig that info out fairly easily) so you would want to be having thousands of visits per day to even be making a meagre income. As for making a living off it - you'd be better off focussing on the content initially. If what you write has value, you will get visitors.

There are plenty of ways to increase traffic to your blog, but make sure they're the right ones. If you're setting one up, I found Wordpress to be better than Blogger/Blogspot due to the antispam facilities it incorporates. There may well be better ones out now.

Google ads make blogs look unprofessional and untidy IMO - as I said, if I were looking to earn a living from my blog I would firstly ensure it's populated with valuable information, then try to find advertisers that correlate to your chosen subjects.

Last edited:
I thought it was more than a fraction of a penny, something like 10p or more depending on the advert? So out of a hundred visitors if you got one click a day you could be looking at ~£30 a month/ £300 a year... although I suppose adverts may turn your readers off and you could lose visitors.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom