Votes: 13 18.1%
  • ghosts? pah you've been reading too many childrens books

Votes: 28 38.9%

• Total voters

oxygenuk

Ex Member
Reaction score
well i do.

iv seen photographic proof and video proof before that ghosts exsist.

and no its not off tv or the internet.

as for the picture it was taken by a normal analog camera and you could see a ghost in the mirror, spooked me out.

and as for the video it was on my freinds video fone, i wish i still had the video so i could show u guys but what i saw was a shadow/sillohuote faced shaped thing in the sky creep over the bklock and houses then creep back down, now i dont have a damn clue what that was cos it was big :eek:

but what are you guys thoughts on the living dead :D

I believe that when you are dead you leave this Earth and go elsewhere.

I don't think that given a choice between Heaven* and here I'd stay here! I doubt there's a choice though :D

(*assuming you believe in Heaven/Hell - and if you believe in one you have to believe in the other IMO.)

CooperUK said:
I believe that when you are dead you leave this Earth and go elsewhere.

I don't think that given a choice between Heaven* and here I'd stay here! I doubt there's a choice though :D

(*assuming you believe in Heaven/Hell - and if you believe in one you have to believe in the other IMO.)

Mmm. brought back some thoughts of the film ghost on c5 last night :D

Perhaps when you die it is just the same as before you were born, and nobody seems to be worried about where they were before they were born.

oxygenuk said:
well i do.

iv seen photographic proof and video proof before that ghosts exsist.

and it was all lab verified and gone over with a fine tooth comb with all other possible explainations explored ?

...... I think not.

If there was actual undeniable proof that ghosts existed - we would not ask the question ' do you believe in ghosts ? ' ..... not spotted the irony ? ;)

hopefully life after death is like that film ghost actually or it could be like getting reborn again.

if i were to be reborn id want it to be in the 1970's, so i can enjoy them 80s which i cant remember much of as a kid :p

fortean said:
Perhaps when you die it is just the same as before you were born, and nobody seems to be worried about where they were before they were born.

thats what i believe, i think you just cease to exist anymore

Ethics Gradient said:
and it was all lab verified and gone over with a fine tooth comb with all other possible explainations explored ?

...... I think not

well what else could it of been :rolleyes:

if u could see the picture i think ud edit that post cos it was liturally shockin

oxygenuk said:

if u could see the picture i think ud edit that post cos it was liturally shockin

what you are saying is - that you can't explain something - so it's obviously is a ghost.

How can I possibly investigate explinations for something I have not seen ?

but, errors with double exposures - light reflections - scams - hoaxes - faults on the film or camera - problems with the lab during developement - for digital cameras, faults in the firmware etc

etc
etc
etc
etc

Until you have ruled out all of the above and other possibilies it ain't proof.
Its just someone interpreting something they can't explain themselves as the paranormal ...... which is what happens all the time.

Unless its an excuse to post up one of those gif images that something pops up while watching ofc .....

If there was actual proof of ghosts - we would not be having this discussion as only the delusional and mentally ill would be able to deny it.

isn't it funny when all these people who supposedly photograph ghosts, tlak to the dead, bend spoon and read minds are put infront of a scientists ...... they are always shown to be frauds ( or can't get it to work because of the bad karma of the scientists ;) )

fortean said:

What we go back to swimming around inside someones sack :eek: :eek:

oxygenuk said:

Post the picture then.

Joe public: omg I have just seen a warning sign from God or aliens or something. I was out looking at the sky - there was a wall of light shimmering in the north .. there were no buildings or people around and the sky just shimmered with blues purples and reds .... I couldn't see anything that was causing it .... so it must be supernatural !!!!

Scientist: that would be 'the northern lights' or Aurora Borealis .... its down the charged particles emitted from the sun ( solar wind ) intreracting with the Earths magnetic field and being pulled down at the poles along the lines of the magnetic field - hitting gases and causing them to glow.... much like what happens in the fluorecent strip light in your kitchen.

Joe public: oh

Ethics Gradient said:
what you are saying is - that you can't explain something - so it's obviously is a ghost.

but, errors with double exposures - light reflections - scams - hoaxes - faults on the film or camera - problems with the lab during developement - for digital cameras, faults in the firmware etc

etc
etc
etc
etc

Until you have ruled out all of the above and other possibilies it ain't proof.
Its just someone interpreting something they can't explain themselves as the paranormal ...... which is what happens all the time.

Unless its an excuse to post up one of those gif images that something pops up while watching ofc .....

If there was actual proof of ghosts - we would not be having this discussion as only the delusional and mentally ill would be able to deny it.

isn't it funny when all these people who supposedly photograph ghosts, tlak to the dead, bend spoon and read minds are put infront of a scientists ...... they are always shown to be frauds ( or can't get it to work because of the bad karma of the scientists ;) )

well the ghost in the mirror had the shape of a human body and u could lighty see a facial figure etc.

MRW: not possible as i dont have a scanner :thumbsdow

Can you put another option in the poll for "I beleive although I haven't seen any proof" :)

oxygenuk said:
well the ghost in the mirror had the shape of a human body and u could lighty see a facial figure etc.

MRW: not possible as i dont have a scanner :thumbsdow

you'd better send it to the BBC - all the News papers and the Government - I'm sure they'll all be more than interested in 'actual' proof of ghosts.

:rolleyes:

Ethics Gradient said:
Joe public: omg I have just seen a warning sign from God or aliens or something. I was out looking at the sky - there was a wall of light shimmering in the north .. there were no buildings or people around and the sky just shimmered with blues purples and reds .... I couldn't see anything that was causing it .... so it must be supernatural !!!!

Scientist: that would be 'the northern lights' or Aurora Borealis .... its down the charged particles emitted from the sun ( solar wind ) intreracting with the Earths magnetic field and being pulled down at the poles along the lines of the magnetic field - hitting gases and causing them to glow.... much like what happens in the fluorecent strip light in your kitchen.

Joe public: oh

In view of your patronising statement do you view "Joe Public" as a lesser form of life :confused:

Ethics Gradient said:

So, are you saying that if you haven't seen something, it doesn't exist ?

Nick_UK said:
So, are you saying that if you haven't seen something, it doesn't exist ?

Not quite so simplified - the comment refers to the specific investigation of photograph - if I have no seen the actual photograph in question, I can't investigate its validity properly.

who needs photographs... I've experienced the real thing, along with a few friends who were there at the time.

Meaux Abbey farm (my mates farm), in the remains of an old farm building built on the grounds of the old abbey...

we were camping out in the building one night, about 2am we all woke up freezing and scared, no torches would work, when we decided to leave none of the motorbikes worked, so we all legged it back to the farmhouse ( about 2 miles across fields) and haven't been back to the spot since, this was in 1988.

We told my mates dad, who laughed himself stupid at us, and proceeded to tell us about a dozen stories from farm workers who've had things going on there, to the point they refused to work in that part of the farm ever again..
I found out years later that Meaux Abbey is legendary locally for ghost type stuff going on.. Legend has it lots of the monks died from 'pestilence' one year, and still linger around the place..

forgot the juicy bit... :devil:

One of the lads claims he 'saw something' but wouldn't open up at all on what he thought he saw, he just went white every time we ever mentioned that night, so we just stopped talking about it... :rolleyes:

richjthorpe said:
Can you put another option in the poll for "I beleive although I haven't seen any proof" :)
That's the one I wanted.

I know too many people who had no reason to lie that have seen them.

I'm one of those people that would love to see a ghost, or a UFO, but never have and probably never will.

'Most Haunted' does more harm than good to the public view of ghosts, it's a load of cack.

Ian J said:
In view of your patronising statement do you view "Joe Public" as a lesser form of life :confused:

Through your thinly vieled obvious distain for me, I will try and answer what I assume you are infering:

No ofc I don't think 'Joe Public' is a different species - but if you change that to what I think you are impling - Do I think 'Joe Public' is ignorant .... the honest answer is YES.

I have devoted most of my life to the pursuit of knowledge and rationality.
Therefore I have a particular dislike of ignorance.
Joe Public is not a person - its an 'average' of the populace - that same populace that helps vote in the governements that make the rules I have to live by, that same populace that drives and has laws fashioned around them.

.... the same public that as a whole doesn't know that the Earth revolves around the sun and it takes 1 year to do so.... less than 50% of the public knew that.
Thats many of the same people who beleive in spirituality, mediums, fill in exit polls dictating the direction of MY country. The same people that through irrational fears dictate where my tax goes, where the future of my childrens planet is going ( should I dare to have any ).

These are the same people that through ignorance and fear demand actions and knee jerk response from MY government so that they produce stupid, unworkable or counter productive policies and laws.

So YES most definately and with a great passion do I think Joe Public is ignorant ...

..... and even though the thought of being disliked, thought of as arrogant and opinionated is personally upsetting...... I'd rather be an anathema and yet be true to my own self and my passion to try and make the world a little bit better place by correcting or addressing ignorance - than kowtow to PC, don't-upset-people-brigade and jsut watch my hopes for the future of mankind float away on the tide of apathy.

Yours with a great deal of passion ... but no less regret at being seen ' an arrogant , Mr thinks-he's-always-right , know it all, smart arse '

The Dude said:
woke up freezing and scared, no torches would work, when we decided to leave none of the motorbikes worked...Legend has it lots of the monks died from 'pestilence' one year, and still linger around the place..

Why on earth would the ghosts of monks want to cause you any harm ?!

.... the same public that as a whole doesn't know that the Earth revolves around the sun and it takes 1 year to do so.... less than 50% of the public knew that.

Please somebody tell me that's not true.

Idoexist said:

Please somebody tell me that's not true.

sorry but it is :(

it was related to a government study - by the Department of Public understanding of Science - there has even been a small documentary type program about it.

questions where ones like

- whats DNA?
- Does the Sun revolves around the Earth or the Earth revolve around the Sun
- in either case, how long does it take.

The killer that caught the majority out was thinking it took a day.

1/3rd of the public thought the Sun went around the Earth - over half thought it took a day for the sun / earth to go around each other.

46% of people have no idea if DNA has anything to do with Stars, computers or biology......

1/3rd of the public think humans and dinosaurs co-existed.

dc007 said:
Why on earth would the ghosts of monks want to cause you any harm ?!

I don't know that they did, I don't even know if it was monks or not..
Just that we all woke up at exactly the same time, freezing cold, and decided in about 2 seconds that we just needed to get the hell out of there..
Only one of us(6) 'saw' anything..and he's never breathed a word to anybody (we've asked his wife even) about what he saw that night...

It was a 'cursed' abbey apparently... plague, flooding, Henry VIII..
maybe they just want their old house back... :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom