Do you approve of President Donald Trump?

Do you approve of President Donald Trump?

• Yes

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 58 63.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
This poll is aimed at non-US citizens only.
He has the lowest average local approval rating of any other president. Apparently, his approval rating outside of the US is even lower. What do you think?

I've got a feeling this poll won't be all that close!

This poll is aimed at non-US citizens only.
He has the lowest average local approval rating of any other president. Apparently, his approval rating outside of the US is even lower. What do you think?
You're fake news.

I wholeheartedly approve of Donald Trump.
My only criticism of Trump is that we don't have enough threads about him, but I understand he's got his people working bigly on that.

We're seeing happen exactly what you'd expect to happen when a Homer Simpson-esque character with no political experience gets elected President.

The French electorate have shown how you can break the control of the main parties without electing a complete and utter imbecile.

Impeachment (which people were only really joking about 6 months ago) is now becoming a distinct possibility. Putin will be laughing his **** off.

Its not up to me to approve of him or not, he is the elected President and who the US electorate wanted. I haven't thought much of any US President for a while, (nor UK PM come to that).

Trump is doing what he said he would do (although he is finding it much harder than he expected) and the voters wanted what he was selling.

Americans chose him democratically. Personally, he is not someone I would vote for, but that's not saying very much because we are totally different countries.

What I do see is an unrelenting attack by the media, (just look at Krish's posts) and the establishment. He is also someone who attacks back via Twitter, whereas a more experienced politician would keep quiet and try to build bridges. So it is pretty immaterial whether we approve or not. I certainly would not want him as a British PM!

If the establishment wins and he has to go it will be a bad day for democracy.

Last edited:
I think he's bat-s*** crazy, but there are some very small morsels of good idea's. However I can't approve or disapprove because he isn't my elected official.

If he goes it'll be because he was either complicit in liaising with the Russians in trying to influence the Presidential election, or because he tried to prevent an investigation into the extent to which the Russians tried to influence the Presidential election.

Not because of the establishment.

In fact he has done very little of what he said he would do.
Trump's promises before and after the election - BBC News
It's only been just over a 100 day's, so give him a chance. He's getting quotes for the wall, he's produced a tax cut budget, he's started the process of renegotiating NAFTA, he's produced a travel ban that is going through the court's, he's scrapped TPP and started to replace Obamacare.

Oh, and played a lot of golf ;)

Really ?
If the somewhat arbitrary decision to have electoral colleges rather than the actual public vote decide who is president, then he wouldn't be.
The fact that there are different options and structures available to determine the outcome of a 'democratic vote' and the distribution of power/seats etc afterwards means it is difficult to establish which and what is a fair and reasonable outcome from any democratic process.
Clearly there are pro's and con's, practicalities and compromises in any democratic voting and framework with differing opinions on which is best, fairest or provides the most workable outcome.

One could argue it would be a bad day for democracy if he goes, but equally there are equally valid arguments that it was a bad day for democracy if he stays or was even elected in the first place.

Too subjective to declare it definitively good or bad oneway or the other.

Every country has a different system of voting. We hear the same story too often these days that had the votes been counted in a different way, then say UKIP would have loads of seats. Or the SNP would have fewer seats.

We have to accept the system in place at the time, and accept the result. Change it by all means later, with a new system - no problem. But after a vote, we can't cry and complain that if the system had been different a different result would have been thrown up.
The funny thing about Brexit was that people complained that 48/52 was so close we should have remained! Which is stretching things a bit.

He might be a bad President, that is subject to debate, but he won.

The establishment, the media, just about everyone and his dog- who could get on the TV- were against him before he even won. When he did, they didn't let up and now they have the ''Russia helped him win"' or he divulged "secrets to the Russians" 'lent on the investigation" etc etc.

By the way, before you misunderstand my post as support for Trump it is not. It is just sad that a democratically elected Present might lose office because some gov agency, will eventually, will nail him for something or other.

We need a president who's above the law, above criticism and exempt from prosecution.... What do we call those again?

The establishment, the media, just about everyone and his dog- who could get on the TV- were against him before he even won. When he did, they didn't let up and now they have the ''Russia helped him win"' or he divulged "secrets to the Russians" 'lent on the investigation" etc etc.

By the way, before you misunderstand my post as support for Trump it is not. It is just sad that a democratically elected Present might lose office because some gov agency, will eventually, will nail him for something or other.

It all depends on whether you perceive him as innocent, guilty or with hold judgment until any legal ruling is made .... or how you perceive the press and the establishment as out to get him, neutral or supporting him.

There is clear issues with Trump appointing Flynn, especially after it now has emerged that Trump and co knew he was under investigation before they appointed him.

I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks it's just because the press and the establishment are out to get him, and not that fact that he does indeed need investigating.

Especially after the campaign and comments Trump has made before and after the election - 'lock her up', 'crooked Hillary', 'Drain the swamp', 'Obama's birth certificate' ad infinitum.
Surely that indicates that he stood for and was elected at least in part on a platform of getting to the truth and punishing those responsible - it's just when it happens to be him it not fair ;)

Really ?
If the somewhat arbitrary decision to have electoral colleges rather than the actual public vote decide who is president, then he wouldn't be.
The fact that there are different options and structures available to determine the outcome of a 'democratic vote' and the distribution of power/seats etc afterwards means it is difficult to establish which and what is a fair and reasonable outcome from any democratic process.
Clearly there are pro's and con's, practicalities and compromises in any democratic voting and framework with differing opinions on which is best, fairest or provides the most workable outcome.

One could argue it would be a bad day for democracy if he goes, but equally there are equally valid arguments that it was a bad day for democracy if he stays or was even elected in the first place.

Too subjective to declare it definitively good or bad oneway or the other.

Trump was elected under the same system used for every other President since 1787, to now claim that it is an undemocratic is to suggest that the US haven't had a democratically elected President since the War of Independence.

So tax cut budget?

It's a sheet of paper saying he wants to cut taxes.
Wasn't it announced on Day 99? So Day 100 approached and it was oh shit we gotta show them something!

Trump was elected under the same system used for every other President since 1787, to now claim that it is an undemocratic is to suggest that the US haven't had a democratically elected President since the War of Independence.

That's just a silly billy straw man.

No one said it was undemocratic, certainly not me anyway.
The point I made is that the democratic process itself is applied differently around the world and at different times.
Ergo there is no perfect representation of democracy, only alternative versions that attempt to provide the most democratic outcome that can be practically applied in a workable way according to the legal and political framework of what ever nation, organisation or group are using it.

Neither is democracy perfect, just the best method we have of providing leadership decisions with checks and balances to attempt to avoid malignant dictatorships or remove and replace inept leaders.
Democracy is not perfect at protecting against those problems, just better than the alternatives, but it also of course brings with it downsides as well.

Even in a democracy, although the odds are reduced, you may end up with a malignant dictator or inept leaders.

My argument is that if Trump was to be removed, it could be argued that he was one of the bad apples that got through the net and it's not a bad day for democracy, merely a good day for humanity - depending on your subjective opinion on Trump and his performance of course.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom