Do Video Tag Editors exist ? If so, which one ?

skippi

Established Member
Reaction score
To all

Do video files like AVI, DivX, etc have tags that can be edited as is possible with MP3 files ? If so, which free application would you recommend and why ?

I am essentially looking to add some additional information to my fairly limited Video collection. For example, Title, Year, Genre, DVD artwork, etc.

Any help and assistance is very much welcomed. :lesson: :thumbsup:

Regards,

I think, although i might be wrong and i cant check right now, that MP3tag (the best freeware music tag editor) handles some video file types.

I think, although i might be wrong and i cant check right now, that MP3tag (the best freeware music tag editor) handles some video file types.

I have just tried MP3Tag on some AVI and MPG files and can report that it does not recongise the file types. A shame as I agree with you that MP3Tag is a cool app, would have been nice to be able to use the same app for both duties.

Thanks all the same for the suggestion.

Regards,

Just found a Freeware app called "abcAVI Tag Editor".

Does anyone use this app and if so is it any good ?

Are there any better Freeware alternatives ?

Regards,

To all

Do video files like AVI, DivX, etc have tags that can be edited as is possible with MP3 files ? If so, which free application would you recommend and why ?

I am essentially looking to add some additional information to my fairly limited Video collection. For example, Title, Year, Genre, DVD artwork, etc.

Any help and assistance is very much welcomed. :lesson: :thumbsup:

Regards,

Anyone have a view or suggestion for the above post please ?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
To all

Do video files like AVI, DivX, Xvid, Mpeg, etc have tags that can be edited as is possible with MP3 files ? If so, which free application would you recommend and why ?

I am essentially looking to add some additional information to my fairly limited video collection. For example, Title, Year, Genre, DVD artwork, etc.

Any help and assistance is very much welcomed.

PS. I did attempt to ask this question a week or so ago, but the thread was hijacked and the original question was never answered. I would therefore ask please if any responses could stay on topic, thank you. :lease:

Regards,

Thread merged and cleaned up,but I suspect that as per the last time you asked, there are no helpful answers to your question.

Let's see if anyone has any inspiration though ...

Thread merged and cleaned up,but I suspect that as per the last time you asked, there are no helpful answers to your question.

Let's see if anyone has any inspiration though ...

Hi MarkTaylor

I can see what you have done and why, though I am not sure that this is very helpful. As you can see from the responses above the thread was hijacked into an "MP3Tag configuration issues" thread and definitely off topic from my original question, this was why I removed myself from this thread and started a new topic in the hope that my original question may be answered.

That being said, lets see if this can produce any meaningful results.

Regards,

As you can see from the responses above the thread was hijacked into an "MP3Tag configuration issues" thread and definitely off topic from my original question, this was why I removed myself from this thread and started a new topic in the hope that my original question may be answered.

.. and which 'responses above' would those be? :)

As I said, thread has been cleaned up and nothing is off-topic.

Hi MarkTaylor

My apologies, I only read the first few responses, which were the same as the last attempt to answer this question and assumed that the other off topic remarks were still in the thread.

Still don't see why I could not have created a new "clean" thread and let the original one stand. This thread has a number of responses that don't really move anything forward.

Regards,

If you want to do lots and for iTunes VideoTag works for me.

If you want to do lots and for iTunes VideoTag works for me.

Hi mrm3

Firstly, can I confirm that this is the application that you refer to as when I search for this in google I received many differing responses - See here : VideoTag @ TextZombie - by Phill McManus

Secondly, do you know if this application actually changes the tag information within the video files itself (so that the information is also available beyond itunes / ipod video players, etc.) or simply changes entries in the itunes library, in which case the new tag information would not be of any use when played on other media players / streamers ?

Finally, thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Regards,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom