Question Do Turtle Beach headsets break easily?

zt1903

Distinguished Member
My son has broken his TBs (Stealth 400) for the third time in the same place, the adjustable headband.

I have never seen him abuse them in any way and it appears to me that the point where they are breaking is a weak point and only thin plastic without any reinforcing metal band. Have exchanged them twice at GAME already but they've said the won't exchange again.

Is this a common problem?

Edit: Not actually the headset in question but exactly like this ....

mA7cqIBBNfSqYrcBq_eoAQQ.jpg

Last edited:

BigD18t

Distinguished Member
I had some TB MW3 edition which were great, never had an issue with them, before that i had some PX21's which were also really good and did not break, there are reports of TB headsets not being the best quality tho.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
If they've broken 3 times in the same place that looks like a weakness.

Especially if breaking at that particular point given it will be the area under most stress when headphones are put on and taken off.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
If they've broken 3 times in the same place that looks like a weakness.

Especially if breaking at that particular point given it will be the area under most stress when headphones are put on and taken off.

That was my thought. GAME are being a bit arsey about it, their manager was giving me the "we sell X of these every week and they never get returned, your son must be misusing it".

Am tempted to go directly to TB for redress this time.

Junior is getting the official Sony headset for Christmas.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
That was my thought. GAME are being a bit arsey about it, their manager was giving me the "we sell X of these every week and they never get returned, your son must be misusing it".

Am tempted to go directly to TB for redress this time.

Junior is getting the official Sony headset for Christmas.

How long has he had them?

Game's argument is nonsense if they are breaking repeatedly then they aren't fit for purpose. Unless of course it is reasonable for them to assume that you are mistreating the product. Which doesn't seem a reasonable conclusion.

zt1903

Distinguished Member
About a year. GAME have replaced them twice already. They seem to manage about 4 months before they break again.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom