1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do These Scaler Thingys Actually Work?!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kmhtkmhtkmht, Sep 17, 2005.

1. kmhtkmhtkmht

kmhtkmhtkmht

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember looking at this "Pixil Magic" Brand Scaler at an AV Shop in Hong Kong - the dude kept saying the picture is better but I thought and still think it was merely the power of suggestion and the thing is actually the same...

Do these things ACTUALLY make a difference?!

I have a Pixil Plus TV other than my Sagem 56 and I know Pixil Plus actually works but do these out of box solutions ACTUALLY work?!

If they do what is the BEST one for under 2000 Quid? I mainly watch stuff from my PC but the occasional DVD... The TV is a Sagem 56 so it's Native Resolution is the Boring 720p one...

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    The good ones do make a very significant difference, the less than good ones are Emperor's clothes. If you agree that Pixel Plus is a substantial improvement then you are going to be blown away by what a real processor can do. Check out Lumagen!