Do The Right Thing / Traffic (R1 Criterion)

E

edinburgh160

Hi,

Do The Right Thing -
Does anybody have this disc and if so, is the PQ any good. Noticed that the sound isn't DD5.1 but can live with that ?

Traffic - also, is there any PQ/Sound improvement for this Criterion disc

Cheers

The picture quality of DTRT Criterion is excellent. As is the sound. No its not 5.1 but it doesnt really matter. I always think 5.1 remixes of a stereo source is a little odd anyway.

I found the Traffic Criterion PQ to be no better than the R2 single disc release but as with the DTRT Criterion - its all about the extras. And on both they are of a high quality and level of detail that is rarely found on studio releases.

edinburgh160 said:
Hi,

Do The Right Thing -
Does anybody have this disc and if so, is the PQ any good. Noticed that the sound isn't DD5.1 but can live with that ?

Traffic - also, is there any PQ/Sound improvement for this Criterion disc

Cheers

I have the "Do The Right Thing" Criterion disc. The sound is only stereo, but the disc has it in both DD and uncompressed PCM, which sounds way better than the DD track. The picture looks good too (at least I can't see any problems with it!).

There is a 3 disc (3 film) Spike Lee boxset out on R2, which has DTRT and 2 more of his films for the same price as this Criterion, but I don't knwo what the quality is like on this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom