1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do The Right Thing / Traffic (R1 Criterion)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by edinburgh160, Jan 28, 2005.

1. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Do The Right Thing -
    Does anybody have this disc and if so, is the PQ any good. Noticed that the sound isn't DD5.1 but can live with that ?

Traffic - also, is there any PQ/Sound improvement for this Criterion disc

Cheers

2. elicash73

elicash73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    The picture quality of DTRT Criterion is excellent. As is the sound. No its not 5.1 but it doesnt really matter. I always think 5.1 remixes of a stereo source is a little odd anyway.

I found the Traffic Criterion PQ to be no better than the R2 single disc release but as with the DTRT Criterion - its all about the extras. And on both they are of a high quality and level of detail that is rarely found on studio releases.

3. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers for that. I've ordered them both.

4. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I have the "Do The Right Thing" Criterion disc. The sound is only stereo, but the disc has it in both DD and uncompressed PCM, which sounds way better than the DD track. The picture looks good too (at least I can't see any problems with it!).

There is a 3 disc (3 film) Spike Lee boxset out on R2, which has DTRT and 2 more of his films for the same price as this Criterion, but I don't knwo what the quality is like on this.