do the new boxes carry out a 'darwin' upgrade?

barry44

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i have taken up sky on the 'betterbox' campaign to get a new HD box. I assume from other posters that this shall be the DRX-890.

I currently have a thomson box which i changed to 1Tb and my plan is to buy a new 2Tb, transfer my recordings to the new drive and install it in the DRX-890.

However, whilst looking for advice it appears that sky have altered the software to not carry out a pre darwin to darwin update once the box is turned on with the pre darwin recordings in it.

Has anyone carried this out recently to confirm if this is the case?

i have carried out a little more research and it appears that ExPVR shall sort this issue out by converting to Darwin during the copy process.

Yep, ExPVR will do the job for you, make are you get the 3.5 beta. Got my new box yesterday and took the 1Tb disk out of my Thomson, saved the contents to an image, then wiped the disk and wrote it all back to the disk again set for the 890.

All recordings worked fine but you need to set all your recordings up again so take a few pics of the pages in your planner before you start.

I then crossed my fingers and forced the new update ...all still fine. Amazing how much quicker the new boxes are and I'm sure the picture is a bit sharper, new tv guide is icing on the cake.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom