Do the Hannspree JT models stutter/judder with 360 games using vga?

S

skraps

Hi all

Could you please post your experiences with the Hannspree JT models (32 and 37) as I have read several posts complaining about stuttering using the 360 via the VGA cable - is it in games? or only using 50hz DVD's.

I purely want a tv to play 360 games on via vga 1:1 so if they do have this problem I will get the mirai,

many tia.

I don't know if this is the same problem, but the 360 defaults to 50Hz timing even if you plug it in via VGA, which some people have reported causes stuttering. IIRC the trick is to plug it in to a TV, set the refresh rate to 60Hz and save settings, then plug it back in to VGA.

I'm considering a JT for myself, so I'm interested to hear what people say about this.

Good point thanks teamonkey, tho I was under the impression that the pal 360 only gave out 60hz with vga? hence the inability to run the backwards compatible 50hz games - I seem to remember when I was using component on a HD set and went to change over to 720p in the menu it said something like "currently displaying in pal 50hz can you see this ok" I chose no (lies:D)and it went into 60hz pal mode, If i had a vga cable i could test if it asked the same thing on my pc monitor or view what hz it was actually outputting on the osd...

VGA should look far better than component especially with the dashboard update thing thats going to fix the washed out colours.

anyone here using theirs (JT) for PC gaming?

Any graphics I output through it look fine, but have a 'jerky' feel to them. (including flowerbox screensaver).

I think it happens not only to this specific LCD but also to branded LCD's so you would need to check when choosing and some don't see it as a big problem and vice versa.

There's a lot of tearing on the 360 and PC (with added judder!) over VGA on a JT.

EDIT: any way of dimming the backlight, a service mode or something, maybe?

There's a lot of tearing on the 360 and PC (with added judder!) over VGA on a JT.

EDIT: any way of dimming the backlight, a service mode or something, maybe?

im getting this same problem with hd video playback and gaming (pro evo 6) via VGA (via PC) on my new hannspree. did you guys resolve this issue as i really don't want to have to send this back!

im getting this same problem with hd video playback and gaming (pro evo 6) via VGA (via PC) on my new hannspree. did you guys resolve this issue as i really don't want to have to send this back!

I managed to fix every one of my problems by getting a different TV, the only way I got smooth playback on the Hannspree was using the driver control panel to drop down to 50hz, it wasn't perfect and I lost the 1:1 mapping but gaming and movies were better.

I managed to fix every one of my problems by getting a different TV, the only way I got smooth playback on the Hannspree was using the driver control panel to drop down to 50hz, it wasn't perfect and I lost the 1:1 mapping but gaming and movies were better.

cheers for the info..which tv did you get by the way? im looking for one under £400 that will do a good job of hd movie playback via vga from my pc.

Can't answer on the Xbox as don't have one...and although not a big gamer either...but using a DVI-HDMI cable and setting res @ 1920x1080 games and video were perfect!.

Can't answer on the Xbox as don't have one...and although not a big gamer either...but using a DVI-HDMI cable and setting res @ 1920x1080 games and video were perfect!.

cheers for the info - btw im playing games via PC not xbox!

i'll give it a go with the dvi-hdmi cable and see how it performs, frustrating though as I would much rather keep the hdmi ports free for ps3 & v+.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom