• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered do the amazon tablets work with tilt/g-sensor for games?

liamt

Distinguished Member
hi guys,

a little help would be appreciated.

we bought our 4 year old a cheapy android tablet, 7" with g-sensor but it doesnt work with games. so, its going back. he loves the racing games where you tilt to steer. does anyone know if these games work on the amazon fire tablets? they seem to be a bargain.

games like turbo, angry birds GO, the free driving games etc.

or anyone point me to a <£80 7" tablet? (has to work with the tilt/g-sensor for games)

cheers guys.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I have a 6" HD here soon to be wrapped for Christmas. I'll give some of those games a go tonight (I want to set it up and fully charged anyway)

Unless anybody else tries it in the meantime.

liamt

Distinguished Member
I have a 6" HD here soon to be wrapped for Christmas. I'll give some of those games a go tonight (I want to set it up and fully charged anyway)

that would be awesome , many thanks.

its turbo (game with snail) and angry birds go which he loves. cheers mate!

liamt

Distinguished Member

did you get a chance to have a look mate? i could do with ordering today.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
No sadly not, the joys of a poorly child, my daughter came downstairs just as I was booting it up for the first time, I had to hide it very quickly (it's bright pink so difficult to pass as mine to an eagle eyed smartarse 6 year old)
I'm just trying it now.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
OK Angry Birds Go is downloading from the amazn store as we speak

Edit: nearly finished.
Edit 2: just started a race and asked if I want to use tilt controls or on screen buttons.
Edit 3: yep worked perfectly.

Note this is a FireHD6 so I can only vouch for that particular model. Picture below next to a Nexus 7 for comparison.

54c1b50f1268d5d26644e9345e8a0165.jpg

Last edited:

liamt

Distinguished Member
OK Angry Birds Go is downloading from the amazn store as we speak

Edit: nearly finished.
Edit 2: just started a race and asked if I want to use tilt controls or on screen buttons.
Edit 3: yep worked perfectly.

Note this is a FireHD6 so I can only vouch for that particular model. Picture below next to a Nexus 7 for comparison.

54c1b50f1268d5d26644e9345e8a0165.jpg

many thanks mate! will order one!! :)

Jamie

Distinguished Member
You're welcome. I've had a little play with it this afternoon, I'm actually quite impressed with it, feels really sturdy and a good size for a little in. I only got the 6" version because the new 7” wasn't available immediately but I'm glad I did.

The parental controls are really good, you can set different limits for different activities, again perfect for a 6 yo.

The only possible downside compared to the 7" is a lack of SD slot.

liamt

Distinguished Member
You're welcome. I've had a little play with it this afternoon, I'm actually quite impressed with it, feels really sturdy and a good size for a little in. I only got the 6" version because the new 7” wasn't available immediately but I'm glad I did.

The parental controls are really good, you can set different limits for different activities, again perfect for a 6 yo.

The only possible downside compared to the 7" is a lack of SD slot.

no sd slot? doh!oh well, he only plays a few games. he is 4 after all but wife has had enough of him nicking our phones all the time! :)

the parental controls sounded really good!

much appreciated man!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom