Do Sky still install Zone 1 dishes for HD

BIONIC MAN

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'am due to have SkyHD installed into new house, I would like a zone 2 dish just to rec a better signal :smashin:

Will Sky install a zone 1 dish or do ther just use zone 1 :confused:

I live in Suffolk to the sea air can be an issue

:)

Yes, because there's no difference between SD and HD as far as the dish is concerned.

I also live on the coast (East Sussex) and have installed a Zone 2 dish to combat the extreme weather we sometimes get here.

The dishes are not that expensive if you buy your own in advance and ask the Sky guy to instal it.

Not sure how that would affect the warranty however...

I would like a zone 2 dish just to rec a better signal
It's the installer's job to get you the best signal. Why concern yourself about that?:confused:

A correctly installed "zone 2" dish will always capture a stronger signal than a "zone 1" dish. A stronger signal gives a better margin in bad weather, reducing the risk of the dreaded on-screen message: "For your information, no satellite signal is being received" (as if you couldn't guess from the lack of picture).

Sky's "zone 1" dish provides a reasonable compromise between signal loss and aesthetics. However, if you don't mind paying a little extra for a "belt & braces" system, and don't mind the somewhat larger eyesore, then a "zone 2" dish is a better choice.

Bear in mind that a larger dish has a larger wind resistance and is more likely to move when exposed to gales.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom