Do Sky have to abide by this Guarantee law?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Touching Cloth, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Touching Cloth

Touching Cloth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi All,
    I got my Sky letter trying to sell me product cover as my first box is now 1 year old, I am on box 3, as of two weeks ago, the latest being a brand new Amstrad. The following article is very interesting, and if I read it right I should be covered for 6, yes 6 years in England or Wales and 2 years if not.
    If we get a definitive answer from sky, or the EU more importantly, then the box quality should improve quite rapidly.
    Is this the real reason for Sky taking on all the new engeneers, it would seem to be a job for life if this law is true and they need to adhere to it.
    Retailers keep secret EU law that gives consumers a TWO-year guarantee on goods | Mail Online

2. 6022tivo

6022tivo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    You will find in the small print it is not actually a letter from SKY, it will be from another company, who buy the data from sky to offer a warranty. They normally make the letter look like they are from SKY.

I think one or two of these companies have been on watchdog once or twice over the years.

3. Touching Cloth

Touching Cloth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I did actually think it was from a third party, however the main point of the topic is I should not need the cover for six years, if sky have to follow the same rules as retailers.
    Thomsons would be repaired to better than new and new boxes would begin to be built to last. Top and bottom is, if this is applicable to sky(and thats my question), then stop worrying about your faults and the best way to get it fixed, just phone them and get it done for you free of charge.

4. fozzieAV

fozzieAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16