Do Sky Charge To Install Multiroom?

erniebert1

Novice Member
As above. Got a spare sky + box and thinking of having it installed upstairs.

Appreciate I got to pay £10 per month for the pleasure but can't find anywhere on sky's website wether they charge you for the installation of it.

Any help appreciated

Lee ::)

wellfan

I got multiroom install plus new Sky box for free, only charge was extra £10 month. Ordered it on their website. Think they made a mistake with the free box, however, I am not complaining.

erniebert1

Novice Member
thanks for the reply m8, just phoned up sky and because I am not buying another box for multiroom as i have a sky + box already they want to charge me £65 to install multiroom. Currently paying nearly £70 a month and their going to get another £10 on top of that aswell for multiroom and they still want to charge me. daylight robbery :thumbsdow

wellfan

I had been planning to use a spare Sky + box myself, however, when ordering the multiroom online they added a free basic box to my order. I ordered online to save the hassle and expense of telephoning. Seems I was perhaps lucky. Maybe they are charging you £65 as you want a Sky+ box on multiroom and will need extra cabling for the two feeds. Could you not do the wiring yourself and then just call Sky to activate the box. Just realised that you will also need a quad LNB. However, so did I and I was not charged. I actually had all the wiring completed and i had a spare quad LNB, so the Sky installer only needed to plug in the box. He had, however, arrived expecting to have to do all the necessary cabling, etc. so he was quite pleased to have a very quick job. Definitely seems I got a bit of a good deal as I plan to sell the free basic box and connect up my spare Sky+ box on the multiroom.

N

neilpost

As above. Got a spare sky + box and thinking of having it installed upstairs.

Appreciate I got to pay £10 per month for the pleasure but can't find anywhere on sky's website wether they charge you for the installation of it.

Any help appreciated

Lee ::)

With multi-room sub, they will do the install for free but you will be re-subscribed for 12 months, and need a pesky phone line on the multi-box....

Beware that they don't muck about with your cables as when I had HD put in, they disabled 2 existing Free-to-Air boxes on old cabling doing a cheapo recycle job. They will re-use dish/cables etc by default. Ensure your order says to lay new cables and/or install and Octo-LNB.

Sky eventually did roll over for me and installed an Octo-LNB capable of running 4 Sky+ boxes, 8 normal boxes or a mix in between. It was hard work, and involved the same set of installer monkey's returning and being thrown out.

You could always do the cabling yourself, if your LNB has spare capacity - it's easier than you think,. and run the box as a Free-to-air.