Do sky call back if you cancel?

Looney14

Hi iv had sky 3 years got all the tv packages and broadband

Used to re contract Black Friday as best deals but last time it was all about sky glass so stayed put

Now bill going from £83 to £103

I cancelled and hoping they call back to offer me a better deal!! But how likely is this???

Advisor said it happens less now!

Anyone with any recent experiences ???

If they don’t call I’ll call back day 29 and accept deal. I do want it end of day. Broadband I kept for now

Lee

Hi iv had sky 3 years got all the tv packages and broadband

Used to re contract Black Friday as best deals but last time it was all about sky glass so stayed put

Now bill going from £83 to £103

I cancelled and hoping they call back to offer me a better deal!! But how likely is this???

Advisor said it happens less now!

Anyone with any recent experiences ???

If they don’t call I’ll call back day 29 and accept deal. I do want it end of day. Broadband I kept for now
There's a good chance they will phone you. Either that or they'll email or write with an offer.

The following thread has some of the latest happenings with regard to offers...

teeveedee

@Looney14
Get in touch with them and ask what they can do for you. Have a figure in mind of what you'd be willing to pay. It's pretty easy to negotiate with them, you just need to get in touch with the right department - retentions. I used this Messenger link to have a text chat with them and got a great deal a couple of months ago:
Come back to Sky

logiciel

N1ck

@Looney14
Get in touch with them and ask what they can do for you. Have a figure in mind of what you'd be willing to pay. It's pretty easy to negotiate with them, you just need to get in touch with the right department - retentions. I used this Messenger link to have a text chat with them and got a great deal a couple of months ago:
Come back to Sky

what do you consider a great deal?

N1ck

You said you got a great deal. I was just asking what you considered a great deal, as in, what deal did you get?

N1ck

That come back to Sky link takes me to a page that says, busy please wait. The click to begin a chat then goes away and says ready to chat, with nothing to click on, lol. They really don’t help themselves.

teeveedee

You said you got a great deal. I was just asking what you considered a great deal, as in, what deal did you get?
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking in broader terms.
I won't ever pay more than £60 for TV & Superfast broadband. Over the past few years I've been able to negotiate that. I currently have Signature, HD, UHD, Ultimate TV add-on (Netflix) and superfast fibre. I did have Cinema too up until earlier this year but never used it and it would have tipped me over into the £60+ mark so I ditched it.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I cancelled over a year ago and they're still still contacting me. Letters almost every week without fail, telephone calls once in a while (glad they didn't have my mobile number). Have to say, once you're used to it gone, you don't miss it especially with other streaming options available

N1ck

I might try without. Amazon prime and Disney plus are far superior for the majority of programs and cost a lot less too.

Storvay

Distinguished Member
After my first, long call with retentions a few weeks ago - where I made it clear I just wasn’t watching anywhere near enough to justify the outlay - I only received texts and emails. These all asked me to call or online chat to review my options, as they put it. I’m sure I would’ve been offered a better deal than what was discussed with the retentions guy but I didn’t respond and Sky service has now stopped. No phone calls.

Last edited:

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I will add that they only really start bombarding you after about 45/60 days. That’s my experience. Before then, they hope you’ll buckle and come back to them

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
I might try without. Amazon prime and Disney plus are far superior for the majority of programs and cost a lot less too.
Yeah and throw in Apple+ and Netflix are you’re still well below Sky alone. I never understand why Sky subscribers are prepared to pay so much. Plus you get a ton of adverts :eek:

N1ck

Ive also realised that streaming services eg Disney plus through my TV offers a much better picture than when streamed through my Sky Q box.
I’m coming to realise that I doubt Sky would actually be able to keep me even if they offered huge discounts. I just don’t see the value in them any more…except for the F1-which is really annoying that they have exclusive rights.

I will add that they only really start bombarding you after about 45/60 days. That’s my experience. Before then, they hope you’ll buckle and come back to them
For me there’s only half an F1 season left so they’d be leaving it too late, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom