Do scan normally discount bundles...

soi_l

Standard Member
Not that I know off but it's worth haggling. They couldn't get my delivery on time when I spent £600 on them so they had an agent sort out my order and a bit of nice haggling got me a better PSU and video card. Very nice people they are!

bruff

Novice Member
Along similar lines, I have been thinking that there must be a lot of buying power available on this forum.

I am thinking about a new i5 750 build so I will need the processor, mobo, RAM, Windows 7 etc. There must be quite a few other people on the forum thinking of a similar spec.

If 3, 5 or 10 people looking for the same parts got together and approached the various componant suppliers - maybe Scan, Ebuyer, Misco, Dabs - do you think the discount would be worthwhile or is there just not enough margin in the componants to make the discount worth the effort of co-ordinating something like this?

jamesg1979

Novice Member
Along similar lines, I have been thinking that there must be a lot of buying power available on this forum.

I am thinking about a new i5 750 build so I will need the processor, mobo, RAM, Windows 7 etc. There must be quite a few other people on the forum thinking of a similar spec.

If 3, 5 or 10 people looking for the same parts got together and approached the various componant suppliers - maybe Scan, Ebuyer, Misco, Dabs - do you think the discount would be worthwhile or is there just not enough margin in the componants to make the discount worth the effort of co-ordinating something like this?

Could be worth looking into actually! I'm guessing there is already a relationship between Scan and AVForums due to the free delivery offer, would be good if this could be further enhanced.

Alty08

... if you ask nicely?

Was hoping to get a bit off listed price as I'm potentially spending nearly £600 on components. Do they operate a strict no discount policy?

Can only speak through personal experience but doubt it very much, I've only had 2 contacts with Scan, first was last year when trying to buy something from their eBay site and it was hard work as it seemed like my enquiry was being dealt with by a 12 yr old, copy/paste replies, gave up in the end.

Second was more recently when I enquired about if they had any educational discount for students, (Being in Bolton and Bolton Uni having a massive Graphics Department, I thought they might have had some discount/incentive) and the reply was no, fair enough, and then something about margins etc and they threw in a link to the 'Deal of the Day' sounded more like a sales pitch than a human reply.

In this competitive age they seem a little 'not bothered' and on this occasion it cost them a customer with £1100 to spend.

Frisby

Standard Member
I am looking to spend over £600 on scan as well for my new i5 gaming build. I doubt very much they will do many deals considering they (from what I have searched so far) seem to have very reasonable prices for almost everything already.

The worst they can say is no though, so it's worth a try.

mrbobc

nah ive tried, its a no go. they wont budge. i was actually onsite with over £600 cash to spend too.

i guess in certain circumstances they might, like if they cock something up but otherwise, no.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom