• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Do Samsung LED TVs play SD Youtube video in mp4 format?

Dolphine

Standard Member
Does anyone know if Samsung LED TVs will playback SD Youtube mp4 content? My brother wants to get the UE32D6100 model and while I know that HD resolution Youtube clips work fine, I was not sure if SD ones work fine too? Sites such as KeepVid allow you to throw the URL of the Youtube video you want and then present you with the FLV files and mp4 files in a bunch of resolutions. Now from what I have found out, there is no issue with the 1080p mp4 clips off Youtube - but just need confirmation if SD clips will also work? A Big part of purchasing the TV will hinge of if it will do so.

Anyone with a Samsung TV willing to just grab a SD mp4 clip off Youtube via Keepvid and try it please?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom