Do Samsung have any shame?

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair it's a generic design and remember the official iPad KB dock is in portrait while this one is in landscape,

You can hardly call it a rip off when the image on the right is simply an iPad connected to a Bluetooth Apple KB and is not the dock design.

I'm not calling the dock the rip off.

I calling the keyboard a rip off. The image of the iPad in the dock was just to give them the same angle :)

Soundburst said:
I'm not calling the dock the rip off.

I calling the keyboard a rip off. The image of the iPad in the dock was just to give them the same angle :)

Ah I missed that,

But still a chic-lit KB without a numpad is still a very generic design and other manufacturers have produced their own versions.

It's funny really... Neither Apple nor Samsung invented the keyboard, the processor, the monitor, small lcd screens, computer memory, mobile phones, tablets or indeed mp3 players, and yet brand loyalty makes people get so upset about who copied who. Sure apple were the first to do a good job of packaging many of these things (and marketing them) but the ideas were not Apples in the first place. I say forget the brand loyalty BS and just buy the tool that does the job for you at a price point you can afford.

Sorry, can't quite see the point you are trying to make: who's products are the two images of? Could we have some labels or links?

It always amuses me how Apple sue any manufacturer who improves on their product in some way. When they release the next version Apple product it magically incorporates someone elses idea. Apple have to be the biggest con artists in the market place selling stuff for twice the price of similar products, manufacturing their stuff in near-slave like conditions and an elaborate 'fix it for free' on faulty products to dispel any possibility that we should think that their products are anything other than 100% perfect. Nice stylish design but the 'hippy' worship of the product will probably die with Steve Jobs. People are getting a bit more canny about how they spend their money.

So its prefectly fine for apple to copy others but when someone copies them they throw a hissy fit?

Sorry, can't quite see the point you are trying to make: who's products are the two images of? Could we have some labels or links?

The top keyboard is a Samsung.

The bottom keyboard is an Apple keyboard that has been out for 3 or so years.

It's....uncanny :D

Im not just joking "ah they both have QWERTY..." I'm just saying "Wow. It's identical. Same buttons, same propoertional sizes for every button including arrows". Surprised they didn't forget to take off the Exposé icon from F3 lol.

Last edited:
Oh come on, Apple didn't invent the qwerty layout, they didn't invent cnc milling of aluminum and the style of keys were stolen from the original spectrum home computer. What did Apple do that was so unique when they stole the idea in the first place? Apple are great at bolting other peoples components together, but the don't really do anything new themselves.

Attachments

• k3.jpeg
    k3.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 113
Brings back memories!

The QWERTY layout dates back to 1878 and the days of mechanical typewriters. It was devised to be a layout that lowered the risk of the mechanical hammers getting entangled.

The top keyboard is a Samsung.

The bottom keyboard is an Apple keyboard that has been out for 3 or so years.

It's....uncanny :D

Im not just joking "ah they both have QWERTY..." I'm just saying "Wow. It's identical. Same buttons, same propoertional sizes for every button including arrows". Surprised they didn't forget to take off the Exposé icon from F3 lol.

Soundburst i diddnt know your a apple fanboy as well as a united fan LOL u aint in my good books!:devil:

Oh come on, Apple didn't invent the qwerty layout, they didn't invent cnc milling of aluminum and the style of keys were stolen from the original spectrum home computer. What did Apple do that was so unique when they stole the idea in the first place? Apple are great at bolting other peoples components together, but the don't really do anything new themselves.

The QWERTY layout dates back to 1878 and the days of mechanical typewriters. It was devised to be a layout that lowered the risk of the mechanical hammers getting entangled.

I said "I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT THE QWERTY" lol. I know that's the standard keyboard. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm talking about the keyboard in my first screenshot, and the screenshot in my second.

Why you posted that old spectrum keyboard I don't know.

The Samsung is IDENTICAL to the Apple except its black and has an Apple logo.
Both look nothing like the spectrum. Unless you're referring to chiclet keyboard. . .but the keys, spaces, button sizes, everything is identical on the Samsung, that's all I'm saying.

How you can say the look of the Apple and that Spectrum is REMOTELY similar to the Samsung and the Apple I'll never know - there's clearly no objectivity. :clap:

Show the apple and the samsung to anyone and they'll go "WOW". How do they get away with that.
Show them the spectrum and the Apple and they'll go "Erm. . . .what?".

I really can't work out the point of this thread either. It seems the OP has a pretty clear agenda as to wanting to make Apple stand out as being the better of the two companies, for whatever reason.

Making a chiclet US QWERTY keyboard with no numpad and the keyboard to have as little a footprint as possible doesn't leave much to the imagination. What's to say they haven't both had them made by a third party who uses that design?

I think anybody of a certain age would have appreciated being reminded of the glorious spectrum.
Admittedly it doesn't look like the apple keyboard but the point was that small keyboards with small throw buttons have been around for ever... and anybody who isn't a fan-boy with brand allegiance is bored of apple saying "if it is squarish or has a screen or buttons then we own the patent". Samsung copy stuff, sure, but the entire industry is constantly copying each other and apple are as guilty of this as anybody else. The idea of a small keyboard and indeed miniature home computers goes all the way back to the spectrum and way before and the whole industry had been ripping each other off ever since.

Here's nice idea... and a bit of a lighter deviation... If Samsung and apple and all the others stopped suing each other and put the legal fees in to one big r&d pot and shared the results we'd have technology coming on line so much faster. I'd bet we'd all have "back to the future" hover-boards within 10 years (ok, maybe not, but it's a fun idea especially since it would stop all the crying about who stole what and see the lawyers having to make an honest living like the rest of us!)

I think anybody of a certain age would have appreciated being reminded of the glorious spectrum.
Admittedly it doesn't look like the apple keyboard but the point was that small keyboards with small throw buttons have been around for ever... and anybody who isn't a fan-boy with brand allegiance is bored of apple saying "if it is squarish or has a screen or buttons then we own the patent". Samsung copy stuff, sure, but the entire industry is constantly copying each other and apple are as guilty of this as anybody else. The idea of a small keyboard and indeed miniature home computers goes all the way back to the spectrum and way before and the whole industry had been ripping each other off ever since.

Here's nice idea... and a bit of a lighter deviation... If Samsung and apple and all the others stopped suing each other and put the legal fees in to one big r&d pot and shared the results we'd have technology coming on line so much faster. I'd bet we'd all have "back to the future" hover-boards within 10 years (ok, maybe not, but it's a fun idea especially since it would stop all the crying about who stole what and see the lawyers having to make an honest living like the rest of us!)

Apple spend ALOT on R&D. . .I assume they spent a handsome sum on designing that keyboard too.

Samsung? . . .why bother. . . when you can just look at the product that is a result in massive amounts of Apple R&D funds and turn it black like the keyboard above. It's a sad state of affairs.

Apple today announced its suing Samsung over this case:

Apple sue Samsung over iPad Case rip off

IT EVEN USES THE SAME MARKETING PHOTOS, POSITIONS, AND COLOURS!

Wonder does it use magnets too for stability, to keep it closed, and to auto wake. :roll eyes: Apple's case and thinking was to have a cover that just covered the glass , keeping the profile of the device thin while also giving the key component protection...while also allowing the case to wrap around when using the iPad and having it automatically wake up the device. All of this was done via magnets which also aligned the case when closing.

http://cdn-static.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/mobiles/anymodesmartcase.jpg

Mod Edit: don't hotlink to images without the permission of the hosting site

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple today announced its suing Samsung over this case:

Apple sue Samsung over iPad Case rip off

IT EVEN USES THE SAME MARKETING PHOTOS, POSITIONS, AND COLOURS!

Wonder does it use magnets too for stability, to keep it closed, and to auto wake. :roll eyes: Apple's case and thinking was to have a cover that just covered the glass , keeping the profile of the device thin while also giving the key component protection...while also allowing the case to wrap around when using the iPad and having it automatically wake up the device. All of this was done via magnets which also aligned the case when closing.

:rolleyes:

Good god! They have even used the same symbols on top of the keys. The Utter intolerable shame, How they sleep @ nite is beyond me. Surely North korea would be justified in invading to stop this outrage.

the thing is are you really surprised at how companys copy each others designs.
it's been happening for years

but the surprising thing is when you open all these gadgets,devices and accessories and see where the componets come from or are made by a small amount of companys.

apple might sue samsung but guess who makes half the componets inside a apple product.

...and to auto wake. :roll eyes:
Your first link didn't work so i can only assume that the auto wake you mean is when you open the smart cover on an ipad 2? If so, i hardly think apple should be screaming from the rooftops about it seeing as blackberries (and probably other devices too) did that way before them.

Apple don't really invent anything, they just improve.
* IPAQs had GSM functionality and a touchscreen, so the iphone wasn't the first touchscreen phone. There may have been others too.
* Xerox (i think) did the first GUI OS.
* Tablets, not sure who invented them but they were around a number of years before the ipad.
* Did Apple invent the mp3 player? Like hell they did.

[Edit]Ps - for my sins i am a iphone and ipad user so i'm hardly biased against apple[/Edit]

Last edited:
That's Apple's strategy for you, Re-Invent, Look at the 'iCloud' situation, such technology has been around for nearly 20 years but yet these stupid people fall victim to it all! As for the keyboards, Check out HP's line of laptops, they look very Mac-Esque, Manufacturers are taking a beating because of Apple's touch of aluminium so you can see why they're Cloning the 'Look'
As for Apple's components, they're at least 1 year behind in terms of specs, And not only that, they use poor ventilation technology and cheap lead free solder which results in pcb chips stretching and warping under load, that's why the classic Apple fault is always a blank screen on boot or Artifacts being displayed when under load!
Apple have always been the 'Fisher Price' style of operating systems, Big shiny buttons for Dummies to understand ;)
Not that all are dummies, But you have to look at it from a perspective, the amount of idiotic students with no common sense just spank their parents bank accounts on a shiny Apple product because everybody else does, They have 2 brain cells between them, 1 to remember how to breathe and the other to breed!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom