Do RS match JL voucher discount via perks at work?

JennyJames

Hi all.

So I can get vouchers for John Lewis at 5% discount through my work scheme and so can get the panasonic for £950 instead of £1000. They are also offering £100 voucher after purchase, making the TV a relative £850 (as you can send their vouchers in Waitrose for groceries)

Has anyone been successful in getting RS to price match at an equivalent deal? I've call one of their stores and they told me they would match a work discount as it has to be available to the public (yet they were ok to match a costco instore offer...)

Thank you.

mikej

That sounds normal to me, presuming you meant they wouldn't match it ;)

As a member of the public, I can join Costco but I can't join your work discount scheme.

John Lewis is not a bad option at all, to be fair. Many people struggle to choose between the two (JL and RS). Be glad it isn't Currys !

The Richer Sounds price-beat T&Cs are here.

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Why not just buy it from JL?

pastrybloke19

Just buy from John Lewis; seems like a lot of hassle (and not likely) to get Richer Sounds to price match, and looks like you will get a cracking deal.

don’t wait too long, 2020 TVs will run out of stock at some point....

vickster

Distinguished Member
Why would you be tied into it once you’ve spent it?
Is the purchase paid off by salary sacrifice? Rather than just being a discount voucher paid off in a lump sum?

JennyJames

Why would you be tied into it once you’ve spent it?
Is the purchase paid off by salary sacrifice? Rather than just being a discount voucher paid off in a lump sum?
Obviously you wouldn't, but I mean having £100 cash is better than £100 in vouchers.

No the purchase is just a £1000 voucher for £950 cash

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom