1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do rear surrounds need to be same brand

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by cjob68, Jan 19, 2004.

1. cjob68

cjob68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have b&w speakers for my left/right and center channel. I am just using some cheap Sony speakers for my rears for right now but would like to get some decent rears. However , does it matter that much if they are the same brand. I know that usually people will say yes so they are sonically even but surrounds aren't used that much especially for listening to music.
    I was thinking of getting some b&w satellites for the surrounds but I could get the same thing by Paradigm for half the price.

Thanks

cjob68

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Cjob68
    It isnt as important to match the rears as it is the front three so i would say use what you can afford now and maybe change them when time suits.I used mission m7ds with my monitor audio silver speakers and they were fine no problems.
    Cheers Gonzo.

3. steveTHX

steveTHX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well as gonzo said, you don’t have to have the same speakers at the back as you do for front, but its best that they are the same brand, or at least the same category for example if you have b&W 604 in front 601’s will be a good choice for the rears..