do plasma need regasing

bigmac53

Standard Member
Reaction score
just been in to the local miller brothers looking at some tv and the sales rep said he wouldn't buy a palsma because of the cost of regasing is this true ? [Swearing - edited Ekko Star]

do a search mate...[Swearing - edited Ekko Star] Get him sacked

cheers for that thought has much [Swearing -edited Ekko Star, please read forum rules] think i will go back and complain

If they do i'm not getting Currys to do it lets put it that way :clap:

Chris
[Swearing -edited Ekko Star, please read forum rules]

:eek:

THis was an age old issue with the very first plasma screens if I can remember, Sony had quite a reputation for it :)

Its a thing of the past now, and considering most plasma screens have a MTBF of a good few ten thousand hours of viewing (like 20000 or something...rough guess by the way) thats easily a good decade or so of plasma goodness if you watch is for a few hours a day...give him the shocker and see how he likes it!

mrtbag said:
I'd happily come round and fart on anybodys plasma if they think it needs it. :D

thanks for the generous offer but I'll pass on this occasion :D

Do plasmas need regasing? No. Only the people who tell you they do! :rotfl:

Jim_Fear said:
THis was an age old issue with the very first plasma screens if I can remember, Sony had quite a reputation for it
It is and always was a complete work of fiction. Invented, I suspect, by the marketing guys in certain large chain stores, as a means of selling unnceccesary extended warranties at extended prices. You can't (and never could) replace the gas in a Plasma screen.

I'd imagine that individually regassing the 800,000+ cells in a high def plasma would be quite time consuming and costly...

The laugh about the gas leaking out is that it's at very low pressure, it'd be the atmosphere that leaked in if anything. To the fart man: You'd need to suck not blow!

Dont listen to them all...Plasma's do need regassing...there is a little valve at the back

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom