Do Pioneers remember sound setting per input?

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. Is it true that pioneer amps do not remember the sound setting per input. For example if I am on a channel that's in stereo and I want to make it surround every time on this input, then it doesn't remember it like a Denon will and you have to manually change it every time?

If so that's a major flaw because I was thinking about getting the 1131 AV receiver.

No that isn't true, there are certain things that are system wide like changing DRC settings, but important things like sound mode ARE per input. Or at least that is the case on my VSX 930.

No that isn't true, there are certain things that are system wide like changing DRC settings, but important things like sound mode ARE per input. Or at least that is the case on my VSX 930.
thanks. I know standard stereo and 5.1 switch ok using sky but I would want to use the Dolby surround modes on stereo etc. I have been told that I would have to manually select this on sky movies etc because the auto option doesn't allow for the pseudo atmos effects.

Each input stays set to whatever you left the sound mode on the last time you used it. I leave mine on DSU all the time on my Sky input and it works perfectly. DSU on stereo sources it actually amazing in my opinion, I even leave it on with music as I love the way it envelopes you in the soundstage.

Each input stays set to whatever you left the sound mode on the last time you used it. I leave mine on DSU all the time on my Sky input and it works perfectly. DSU on stereo sources it actually amazing in my opinion, I even leave it on with music as I love the way it envelopes you in the soundstage.
That's what I want. so it will do.it on stereo and Dolby Digital?

can it upmix true HD to use the 2 front heights?

Yes and yes, DSU can be applied to anything, this isn't Denon.

They are talking rubbish, DSU does its best to simulate 5.1 from a stereo source and even goes as far as using height/ATMOS speakers too and it is eerily good at it. EXT Stereo is very very obvious when enabled and DSU doesn't even remotely sound like it, even from stereo source.

DSU sounds even better with 5.1 and 7.1 material as it does an amazing job of simulating ATMOS, it almost makes you wonder why they bother making special mixes for the new next gen audio formats.

I never bother with the sound field options, there really is no need for them, DSU is really very good at what it does, you will be amazed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom