do one nice / good deed every day ...

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... well , that's what i am trying to do , something simple , even just holding a door for someone or passing a supermarket trolley to the person behind you instead of barging them out of the way to get there first , i have been so far pleasantly surprised about the reactions i have received from people , a genuine smile and a thank you brightens my day no end :smashin:

I will stop being a complete **** once a day. Better ring to it?

I picked up a hitch hiker the other week, that was my big good deed of the week, I always hold doors open :)
I once gave a work colleagues son my car as I was looking for a new one and he was 17 and couldnt afford to spend ÂŁ700 getting his back on the road, im nice like that, I beleive in karma so hopefully i will have something good come back to me eventually

I picked up a hitch hiker the other week, that was my big good deed of the week, I always hold doors open :)
I once gave a work colleagues son my car as I was looking for a new one and he was 17 and couldnt afford to spend ÂŁ700 getting his back on the road, im nice like that, I beleive in karma so hopefully i will have something good come back to me eventually

I did the same thing about 10 years ago...

Only to have a vist from the police a few weeks later when it was found upside down on a forestry track. He'd not bothered to insure it, MOT it or send off the document to change ownership.

Last time I'll be doing that.

My first car was a golf from my friends mum. Very generous because at the time it was worth ÂŁ3-4k.
First thing she did was the handover bit on the V5.

My good deed of the day, arranging for my builders to replace a missing tile for a neighbours roof whilst they're up there doing my loft conversion.

I did the same thing about 10 years ago...

Only to have a vist from the police a few weeks later when it was found upside down on a forestry track. He'd not bothered to insure it, MOT it or send off the document to change ownership.

Last time I'll be doing that.

I was luckier, he did insure it etc, he did however lose control and write it off in the snow a couple of months later

Pay it forward........

We recently filled the car up at the Tesco petrol station and randomly chose a pump number that was ready to be paid for asked how much was due and paid for both. The older guy must have been really confused when his fuel was paid for, as when he approached the till we had already left.

Pay it forward........

We recently filled the car up at the Tesco petrol station and randomly chose a pump number that was ready to be paid for asked how much was due and paid for both. The older guy must have been really confused when his fuel was paid for, as when he approached the till we had already left.

Very nice gesture, I bet he wishes he had filled it to the brim now ;-)

furryhobnob said:
Very nice gesture, I bet he wishes he had filled it to the brim now ;-)

He did, thankfully it was a 3-series BMW and not the X5 behind it. The old guy was passed a card by the cashier which I had left her to pass on explaining what and why etc...it felt really good.

He did, thankfully it was a 3-series BMW and not the X5 behind it. The old guy was passed a card by the cashier which I had left her to pass on explaining what and why etc...it felt really good.

I bet it did mate, if he had a 3 series he probably had enough money to pay for his own fuel, you should have picked a rusty astra instead haha

I object paying extortionate coffee shop prices for myself, let alone my imaginary friend.

How about be grateful for a day. Often I can be in a good mood, do something decent for someone and not even get a thank you or smile or anything. This ends up putting me a bad mood and not giving a to$$ say thanks people, smile treat others a bit nicer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom