1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do "old" TVs have any value?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by swarrans, Oct 22, 2004.

1. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a 43" plasma, but one of the things stopping me is that I have a fantastic picture on my "old" Sony KV32FX60 TV and it seems such a waste to effectively ditch it. I say this because I presume it's worth almost nothing on the 2nd hand market - which is a shame as it's picture is still one of the best I've ever seen.
    Anyone had any success selling their pre-upgrade TV?
    I'd rather keep it than "give it away" but that's not really an option as my house isn't big enough to put it in another room!

Simon

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    loads of people sell on older CRT and RPTV's to fund a plasma or PJ just ask Smurfin.....They do not have huge residual values.........but still worth a few ££££

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Well, they obviously have some value, though probably not as much as you'd wish (particularly if you're a TG like me!). :)

As you probably know, drive a brand new car out of the showroom, and you lose literally thousands as you cross the pavement.

It's even worse with TV's, Video's etc, as the shop price has plummeted in the last few years. :mad:

If you really have no room to hang on to your TV, your best bet is probably one of the Internet auction sites.

(If you're feeling really generous, I'm sure a local charity would be very grateful.

But don't tell them I suggested it. I have my reputation to think of...)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: