Do need help to organize thousands of picutres on PS3...

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by littlelio, Apr 30, 2007.

1. littlelio

littlelio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I plan to import tons of pictures (and videos/musics) to PS3, but how can I organize them?

You can not create folder in piture category in the XMB, the only thing you can do is sort them according to the date(the square button). I just don't think this is a good idea for me, because there will be so many folders there still...

Any ideas to organize them efficiently?

Thanks in advance...:lease:

2. psikey

psikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    As you've said, you can't apart from date & name. Then the date doesn't mean when it was taken but could be last edited.

For movies a prefix all my family videos with date in format year-month-date because I will have edited them and created AVC files e.g:

2006-01-05 Day trip

I've not bothered renaming my pics though, solely relying on the picture file date.

3. psikey

psikey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,048
    The other option you could have is to bypass the PS3 oranisation abilities (for stuff on internal HardDrive) and just store everything on an external USB hard drive in folders using the "View All" option to manually navigate your folders. Not totally sure on this as I just dump evertyhing on to the PS3 internal 120GB drive.

4. hottstuff

hottstuff
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Even if you have an NTFS external HDD , you can use Partition Magic for eg to create a FAT32 partition , and store your files on created folders Photo , Music , Video.

With pics , as said , you will have to press triangle and view all.

5. littlelio

littlelio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions. But I think I will focus on how to throw stuff on the internal HDD of PS3:)

Anyway I think sony really needs to do something about the music/picutre/video organization... a simple 2-level XMB is not so pratically useful:(