Do my Subs look ok?

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having another play with REW (dangerous I know!!).

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on my SPL and Waterfall charts for my subs.

Subs.jpg

subs waterfall.jpg

I don't know anything about the waterfall chart but the response graph looks good apart from that dip at 24hz.

What filters did you use to get that?

I don't know anything about the waterfall chart but the response graph looks good apart from that dip at 24hz.

What filters did you use to get that?

Just audyssey

Can you show us the pre audyssey measurements for both subs (assuming 2 subs are not co-located?)?

I'd bow to someone more knowledgeable like Matt Khan, but I think the waterfall shows that you have a lot of decay in the lower end of your response. Have you considered any kind of bass traps?

I'd bow to someone more knowledgeable like Matt Khan, but I think the waterfall shows that you have a lot of decay in the lower end of your response. Have you considered any kind of bass traps?

Impossible to put anymore in. I have 2 x 1200x800x300, 2 x 360x360x1200 and 2 monster bass traps from GIK. It actually starting to hurt my ears when silent in there as it is SO quiet.

I think it’s pretty much impossible to stop anything below 50hz

I know what you mean about the silence. :D I've got a lot of Rockwool behind my screen and it's 60cm deep in places, 3 metres wide and 2 metres high, plus ceiling traps most of the room round. It did reduce the very low bass decay a small amount, only <25Hz is over 300mS now IIRC, it was much more effective above 35-40Hz of course.

I guess you've done all you can on that score then...was just a thought. I'd look at trying to do something about that dip at 24Hz, maybe try MSO if you go the MiniDSP route?

I know what you mean about the silence. :D I've got a lot of Rockwool behind my screen and it's 60cm deep in places, 3 metres wide and 2 metres high, plus ceiling traps most of the room round. It did reduce the very low bass decay a small amount, only <25Hz is over 300mS now IIRC, it was much more effective above 35-40Hz of course.

I guess you've done all you can on that score then...was just a thought. I'd look at trying to do something about that dip at 24Hz, maybe try MSO if you go the MiniDSP route?

Yeah I’ve recently got a minidsp, just need to figure out how to use it!! this game never ends :eek:

Looks pretty decent, is that Sub only or Sub+C?

and do you have the before Audessey graph?

Sub only, don’t have a pre-audyssey at the minute.

Will try and get one taken over the next couple of days, probably have a play about with the minidsp and re-run audyssey.

Check this out mate

Any update mate?

Any update mate?

Sort of. I’ve Eq’d with the minidsp and run audyssey afterwards.

Got a nice flat response, but have now packed my mic away as I feel it’s sounds great and don’t want to keep chasing the “perfect graph on REW”.

Anyone and everyone who has visited my room have commented on how good the bass is, so I think I should just settle for that.

Sort of. I’ve Eq’d with the minidsp and run audyssey afterwards.

Got a nice flat response, but have now packed my mic away as I feel it’s sounds great and don’t want to keep chasing the “perfect graph on REW”.

Anyone and everyone who has visited my room have commented on how good the bass is, so I think I should just settle for that.
Nice, have you got a graph of the final response?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom