1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do most/all LCDs do 480P,720P & 1080i?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by CraigKORE, Feb 4, 2005.

1. CraigKORE

CraigKORE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to get myself a LCD for the upstairs bedroom, 26 or 27 inch I reckon would be the perfect size. This is going to be used mostly for DVDs and the Xbox.

I have just sorted the Xbox side of things out, and now have the hi-def output option enabled. What I'm not sure about though is whether all LCDs can use the 480P,720P & 1080i that the xbox will now show, depending on what game I'm running. Is it something that they are all capable of doing, or will I need to make sure before hand?

Went into see this in Comet today and quite fancy it, cant see any mention of it using these modes though, and dont fancy taking a chance on asking a Comet salesman and getting the right answer! :D

Oh, and any recommendations of another LCD round about the 26/27 size for a maximum of 800 notes would be welcome as well.

Any advice appreciated... :smashin:

2. CraigKORE

CraigKORE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone? :lease:

3. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    think the sharp ga3/4e is what your looking for

4. mimote

mimote

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree GA3/4 are a very good spec and HDTV ready the 26" versions still seam to be available although the 32s are almost all gone. Sharp obviously weren't making enough margin as they are being 'superceded' by the GA5 which although it will display 720p and 1080i is not HDCP enabled and does not have DVI or HDMI and would therefore not appear to be very future proof.

5. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you look you will find a GA3 or GA4, the GA5 does NOT supercede them, it is a stripped down entry level model.