1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do KEF make speaker cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by agw_01, Mar 10, 2004.

1. agw_01

agw_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few years ago I aquired some speaker cable from a friend, who is the manager of a Practical Hi-Fi store. She said the cable was worth £5/m so I was pretty chuffed when she cut me five metres.

The thing is, it has KEF written all over the sleeving, but I can't find any information about it on the net. It has bright green sleeving, and is pretty chunky. Did KEF make only one model of speaker cable, or does anyone know where I can find information about the cables they produced?

I just want to know if it's decent stuff, or whether I should upgrade.

Thanks. :smoke:

2. blakeyboy

blakeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    agw_01 - I am thinking the same as you on this. I bought some Kef speaker cable from my Hi-Fi dealer for £5 a metre to. Mine is Brown. I am well happy with it but cant find any information about it.
    I now have Kef reference speaker. so I would like to know if I should upgrade or stick with the Kef cable. If any one knows where I can buy some more, cause now I would like to Bi-wire the speakers.