Do I stick with my video for now?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mark.king, May 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I've been looking at the threads on here for a while now and reading reviews but there is a distinct lack of products available. I was hoping the panasonic would be good but that's out of the question now. Next there is the inverto but I have seen a bad review about pic quality of the tuner which is by far the most important thing through a 42" plasma. I use a nokia 221 T which is excelent and I do know as I have looked at other freeview boxes and the pictures are awfull. My signal is not actually that good either.

Where does that leave me? Well there is the new HUmax but that is a long while to waite and looks like it will have far more than I want. There is the digfusion FVRT200 which I don't seem to be able to see anywhere although the pic is suppose to be good. I really would like a digital audio out though.

There just doesn't seem to be anything out there except the Topfield. So what is the pq like on this? It does seem a bit over the top for my needs. I am the type of person who only has one or two video tapes and records on these until the are worn out and then gets another two. I don't need to archive or have 100's of hours space. I just want a very good picture with twin tuners so I can record while watching something else (like the idea of time slip though) and software that is reliable and responsive. :suicide:

2. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    The Topfield is as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. The interface is easy to use and you have the versatility of a PC interface, should you ever want to customise the way it operates.
    On the picture front- it looks fabulous on my 42" plasma - have read a number of reviews of the Inverto - which has claimed the picture is soft :thumbsdow

Ok - it's just shy of 300 quid - but in my view, that's money well spent for the best PVR (IMO) on the market :)

what are you waiting for :clap: :clap: :clap:

3. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeh what am I waiting for lol. Where's the best place to get it from? Looking on line a few places are all saying waiting for stock. Would have liked to look at one but up here in sunny Bradford there are no shops who have these in.