Do I really need an svs 3000sb?

kingskin

Standard Member
Reaction score
So I am just getting all my new kit togther,denon 3500,opticon lcr on wall for fronts,oberon on wall for rears and a couple of dali ceiling speakers for atmos. I currently have an xls200 but want more oomph for everything. Mixed usage system you know-movie nights,music,general tv viewing etc. So I go on the svs website and put in my speakers and it says the optimum is a 3000sb? obviously they want to sell the most they can, but my living room is tiny at 3x4m! Do I really need to spend 1100 quid on a sub to get the best results for my new set up? I can afford to buy it but it seems a hell of a lot of money for such a small room.

Cheers, Tony

No you don`t have to spend that much if you don`t want! SVS SB2000 and the new Arendal 1961 1S should be fine for most people in such small room as they can fill larger spaces too.

SVS = 746£ with the discount code, valid until 2.12

Arendal = ~683£ (free shipping i think)

Read post #6763 here by @adam-burnley who can answer your questions too!

That is a really small room - so unless you are playing at ear-bleeding levels, an SB-2000 will be more than enough subwoofer - I don't see a need for the SB-3000 at all.

If the room is well-constructed and enclosed, it will exhibit a decent amount of 'room gain' and the SB-2000 will extend to the mid-teens (or even deeper) in-room.

Ed M - SVS

Thought that might be the case. Ordered a sb2000. Thanks

My room isn't that much bigger than yours and I went for dual SB16 Ultra's :)

Really happy with my SB2000 in a similar sized room. Love the look with the grille off as well, makes it look so good and really compact.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom