do i really need a sub

wetdog

Novice Member
hi all :hiya: ,do i need a sub,and if so which one second hand please.
b&w 601 s2 at the back,cc6 s1front,603 s2 at the front.i live in a terraced hows so have to consider the neighbors.
cheers,
mick :smashin:

Doctor_AB

Can't answer your question but was alsothinming the same. I have an arcam avr 300 driving monitor audio silver s6 fronts with MA silver centre and gallo micro rears. Th s6's are quite bass heavy what do people think.

ijd

Novice Member
wetdog said:
hi all :hiya: ,do i need a sub,and if so which one second hand please.
b&w 601 s2 at the back,cc6 s1front,603 s2 at the front.i live in a terraced hows so have to consider the neighbors.
cheers,
only if you do regular dives :rotfl:
hear the russians have a few going cheap :D
wouldnt want to park it outside a terrace though :hiya:

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
wetdog - u in a terrace, using a sub loud will not be appreciated if your neighbours are the type to want quiet nights.....however a sub isnt just about it being up loud, it still adds to music and movies at lower volumes too..
but given your speakers have a fair amount of bass already you would need to get a halfway decent sub so that the sub itself wasnt overpowered...

Doctor AB....i have the same speakers, try and demo an REL Strata 5 with them.....it fits beautifully :)
(altho i guess it would also depend on your electronics, mine are Denon 3803 amp and 3910 DVD player). The Silver S6 speakers have nice solid deep bass, but the last couple hertz can be a bit woolly sometimes, however i found if i set the REL to kick in on the 38hz mark which is where the S6's end it actually phases out that woollyness and leaves tight solid beats, bangs and booms ;-)

Nimby

Purely on a general level most floorstanders are no match for a decent subwoofer. No matter how low the speakers go a good subwoofer can do better. But only if it is a good one. Decent speakers will always be better than a poor subwoofer. Now all we need to do is define "good" as far subwoofers are concerned... :rolleyes:

Music? Film? Loud? Low? Size? How much? HOW MUCH?!?!?!?!? :eek:

wetdog

Novice Member
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:
some of you guys are so funny.......you should be on the stage..........................sweeping up! :rotfl: :D

a decent second hand sub in the £200/300 range in the next month or so will do me fine.its mainly for movies with a bit of music and would be driven by a yammy dspax640 or is it a 20,cant remember.
thanks

Top Bottom