Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Do i need tv link??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by GloryHornet, Jul 11, 2004.

1. GloryHornet

GloryHornet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Our main room in the house is long, so we have sky+ in the sitting area and we have another tv at the other end.

The second tv is not connected to the sky+ box, it is however connected to the tv arieal near the sky+ box via a long section of coax, so that at least 4 channels are available on the second tv.

I would like to connect the second tv to the sky+ box, so do i need a tv link?? There is line of sight between the first and second tvs, so i can theoretically sit at the second tv and aim the remote back at sky+. Im not that bothered if it is connected by wire as the current coax connection is hidden under carpet.

Thanks in advance.

Hornet

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Doesn't sound like you need a TVlink if you can control the SKY+ directly from a single remote control at the other end of the room.
    I assume connecting the tv aerial to the SKY+ and then feeding the RF1 output to the other TV will not only get you the normal terrestrial channels passed through but also the SKY+ RF output.