1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to upgrade.....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gpender, Oct 16, 2005.

1. gpender

gpender
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    O.K Here's my situation.....

Currently I have an HTPC with a Holo3dGraph MK1 card at the heart of it....this is responsible for all deinterlacing/scaling duties;
    My Display is a Sony 9" CRT......
    This is not the newest stuff in the world but has been working well for a few years and I really haven't been inclined to mess with it...................

Now my situation has changed......I'm moving house and the new place won't accomadate the PJ, as we are only planning on staying a year tops at this new place, I've decided, rather than go through the hassle of selling the PJ, I'm going to stick it into storage instead.......To tide me over for the year I've bought A Sony LCD rear protection TV; the KPF-e50a12u...

Now here's where I need your help....... ;)
    I've been looking at the Denon 1920 and have been astonished by what that thing has inside for the money...from what I can see the same deinterlacer and comparible scaler to what's inside my HTPC; am i better off packing up the computer at the same time and just getting this DVD player.....you see the thing is, my DVD players a bit long in the tooth now anyway, and I had thought about upgrading it, but it would seem if I went for this my scaling duties are taken care of.......

Ultimately I know that the scaler side of this doesn't compare to a crystallio but that's not my question...the question really is will it rival my dated Holo3dGraph in my HTPC

Any advice much appreciated.... :)

Cheers
    Greg

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    It may be based on the same chipset, but the implementation is nowhere near as good. The picture will still be far better from the PC.