1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to upgrade?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by crambones, Aug 17, 2004.

1. crambones

crambones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to buy a 504 HDE +868i Dvd. Do I need to upgrade my VSA -EO7 Amp & Bose 10 Speakers?

2. SurferDude

SurferDude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crambones,

Welcome to the forum :hiya:

Sorry, but I don't know your gear so can't advise on upgrade necessity. This is actually just a little bump help since it was your first post and it slipped off the front page without any help :(

From what I've read the Bose speakers are a bit pricey for what they are, but since you've got them then I'd stick with.

Maybe it would help if you posted what your requirements / budget are. i.e. I am looking for better music / HT use and my budget is XYZ.

Anyway, Welcome :thumbsup:

3. jameslindsey

jameslindsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Try it out. If you feel the system is lacking then yes take a look at why and think about upgradeing the rest of your kit. But if you are happy with the new DVD on your current stuff then hold off. Sure you will be able to do better but that will always be the case and if you are happy then why not spend the cash on DVDs and enjoy the system you've got?

Be careful you could get caught up with the constant upgradeing bug and that gets expensive. But you'll find as I did that there are some very knowledgeable helpful people on these forums who will be able to guide you to the purchase that's right for you.