Do I need to upgrade to Denon AVR X4000

mambo1888

Looking for some advice. In my living room setup I currently have a Denon 2113 connected to my samsung 60" plasma with skyhd and ps3 slim for blu rays. This is occasionally used for films and music although i have a dedicated cinema room as main setup for films. I have 4 x Q Acoustics 2020's as front l/r and rear l/r speakers, 2000C Centre, 1 x 2070s Sub 1 x 2070si sub, I also have a pair wharfdale satelites in the kitchen for zone 2 audio.

I want to be able to listen to Skyhd, blu rays, cds etc in zone 2 as well as stream music.

Here is the reasons im unsure if i need to upgrade....

1. Zone 2 Audio

As the zone 2 function on the 2113 only plays analog audio it only gets used to stream music. Am I right in thinking I could wire stereo phono cable from sky hd box to amp so i could listen to sky in both living room and kitchen and buy a stand alone blu ray player and do the same so listening to music blu rays i could have both zones playing. For this to work would I need to have audio outputs on skyhd or bluray player set to 2.0 or could I have zone 1 playing 5.1 while the kitchen would play the same but in 2.0 stereo?

As the X4000 can pass digital audio to zone 2, can I have the hdmi audio from skyhd or blu ray play 5.1 in zone 1 and 2.0 in zone 2 or would i need to set audio out to 2.0 for both?

2. Audyssey XT32 sub EQ

I am currently running two subs as the 2113 only has one output for subwoofer, the cable goes to first sub and cable from sub 1 to sub 2. Would using the 2 sub outputs on the x4000 manage the subs better and would the audyssey xt32 make a noticeable difference.

3. How does the denon x4000 compare to pioneer sc lx56

In my dedicated cinema room I have a pioneer SC LX56, how would you say the x4000 would compare against this. I currently have ps3/4, skyhd and pioneer bdp-450 going to amp with an 8.1 setup consisting of B&W 684 S2 F/L, B&W HTM62 S2 Centre, B&W 686 S2 Surround, B&W M1 front height and rear surround with a B&W PV1D sub. Would an upgrade be better spent on an improved avr for this setup and moving the pioneer to living room.

Im not sure I have described this very well, so will take another look when im not so tired and edit it lol, but any input we much appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom