Do I need to make a genius bar appointment?

Enjoysmoviesandgames

Established Member
Reaction score
My iphone 3gs is playing up, voice dialing activates itself, home key wont respond etc so I am going to take it back to the Apple store where I bought it.

I was just wondering if I can simply take it in or if I need to make an appointment to see the genius?

Cheers.

Make an appointment.

Always better to be safe than sorry, the last thing you want to do is turn up unannounced only to be told that you need to make an appointment!!

Heard this a few times now, an appointment to take a faulty item back to a shop?!!!! I know i won't be making no pathetic appointment if i ever have to take my phone back to an Apple shop.... :rolleyes:

All other mobile phone shops would just take the phone from you, post it away to a repair centre and return it to you in anything between a week and a month. Booking an appointment which in most cases results in you walking away with a working or replaced Iphone seems a lot better when you put it into perspective.

You can just take it in, I did and got lucky. If they have a space they will see you, but as others have said its far better to make an appt. It takes only mins online.

I have to say that the service I've had from my local apple shop has been brilliant - had to take my iphone back when it just died and walked out in minutes with a new one. No arguments, no questions, very professional and what I would expect from a company like this. All dealings with Apple so far have been spot on (kiss of death here!!!)

Booked in for Sunday.

It`s less than two months old so fingers crossed they will swap it for a new one,.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom