• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Do I need to make a genius bar appointment?

Enjoysmoviesandgames

Established Member
My iphone 3gs is playing up, voice dialing activates itself, home key wont respond etc so I am going to take it back to the Apple store where I bought it.

I was just wondering if I can simply take it in or if I need to make an appointment to see the genius?

Cheers.

jerryjal

Prominent Member
Make an appointment.

Always better to be safe than sorry, the last thing you want to do is turn up unannounced only to be told that you need to make an appointment!!

eng33

Established Member
Heard this a few times now, an appointment to take a faulty item back to a shop?!!!! I know i won't be making no pathetic appointment if i ever have to take my phone back to an Apple shop.... :rolleyes:

Sy1441

Prominent Member
All other mobile phone shops would just take the phone from you, post it away to a repair centre and return it to you in anything between a week and a month. Booking an appointment which in most cases results in you walking away with a working or replaced Iphone seems a lot better when you put it into perspective.

smelly

Established Member
You can just take it in, I did and got lucky. If they have a space they will see you, but as others have said its far better to make an appt. It takes only mins online.

I have to say that the service I've had from my local apple shop has been brilliant - had to take my iphone back when it just died and walked out in minutes with a new one. No arguments, no questions, very professional and what I would expect from a company like this. All dealings with Apple so far have been spot on (kiss of death here!!!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom