• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Do I need to Jailbreak my iPad to get folders ?

TylerDurden

Prominent Member
I'd love to be able to arrange my apps into separate folders and just have a single page of apps / folders instead of the multiple pages I currently have. I know that OS4 will allow folders on the iPad but that might not be released for a while.

Can I add folders after Jailbreaking ? If so, how do I go about doing it, is it safe, will I lose any functionality / cause any other problems ?

TylerDurden

Prominent Member
Well, that didn't go very well, I downloaded Spirit, ran it and JB my iPad, the cydia icon appeared, I installed Categories, it said something about rebooting / refreshing the Springboard and my ipad turned itself off and refused to restart. Whenever I tried to restart it a small white circle icon would appear in the middle of the screen for a few seconds and then disappear leaving it off.

My iPad is on version 3.2, my itunes is 9.2.0.61

I'm now restoring via itunes :blush:

xene68

Standard Member
Well, that didn't go very well, I downloaded Spirit, ran it and JB my iPad, the cydia icon appeared, I installed Categories, it said something about rebooting / refreshing the Springboard and my ipad turned itself off and refused to restart. Whenever I tried to restart it a small white circle icon would appear in the middle of the screen for a few seconds and then disappear leaving it off.

My iPad is on version 3.2, my itunes is 9.2.0.61

I'm now restoring via itunes :blush:

Perhaps its the new iTunes 9.2 that broke it. :(

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom