1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to calibrate the Iris3 lens?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Kris, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the Iris-lens need to be calibrated? I've seen two thumbscrews beside the lens...
    I have a Cine-7 and nowhere in the manual or installation manual it says anything about this...

//Kris

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,786
    Yes, you need to adjust it so that it is seeing as many lines of info as possible. The method of doing this is not something I can remember, although an internal test pattern is used and you can see a numerical value of how well it is viewing the screen as you are doing it. I'm sure Roland will explain exactly how soon

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Amazingly the Iris seems to have ben left out of all the manuals I can find.
    Go to the Iris menu and into Iris setup. Focus the lens mechanically untill you get to about 80. If you get higher then you are doing well but 80% is normall. the higher the number the better Irirs will work.
    Now go to centre the lens.
    There are two thumb wheel adjusters positioned diagonally to the lens (early ones had two bolts). One will adjust the horizontal the other the vertical movement of the lenses its self. the idea is to get the reading on screen from the bar sacle to 0. Once the horizontal has been done select enter from the remote to do the vertical. Go back and check both are on 0 as one adjustment tends to bugger the other.

Software level will depend on what you can do next.
    Iris 3 requires that you learn the reference. which means you must have at leat the green geometry set up for one source that it can use as a reference. You must have that image being displayed before you enter the iris menu.
    There are green lines to set the top and bottom of the screen adjust these with the up and down cursor keys using enter to move onto the next.
    When it comes to do the sides get it as good as you can I've tried to work out for years how you get the image in the centre it nevers seems to matter though.

One the referance is learned it will be used as the basis for all future geometry. Automatic Covergance is pretty hit and miss with Iris. Provided the green was set well and none of the extreems were needed to adjust the convergance should all come together nicely.

hope that helps

4. Kris

Kris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland!!

My Cine-7 is manufactured June 2000. I'll try this as soon as I come home from my vacation!!

Thanks again!

//Kris

5. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Yours will have Iris 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.