Do I Need More Than 2 Controllers?

dbm001

Novice Member
I've got my Wii (under the xmas tree!) along with an extra controller and nunchuk and a selection of games (including Wii Play, Rayman & Monkeyball).

Planning on taking it round to the family on Xmas day for a go on bowling etc.

Obviously on 4 player games which you all play at once I would need extra controllers, but are there games (the sports ones etc.) where four of you can play with 2 controllers taking turns? Don't know whether it is worth me buying more than two controllers as once it's back home the extra two probably won't get much use. Anyway if anyone who's used it could let me know - let me know!

Cheers,

Dave.

waterloo

Novice Member
I've got my Wii (under the xmas tree!) along with an extra controller and nunchuk and a selection of games (including Wii Play, Rayman & Monkeyball).

Planning on taking it round to the family on Xmas day for a go on bowling etc.

Obviously on 4 player games which you all play at once I would need extra controllers, but are there games (the sports ones etc.) where four of you can play with 2 controllers taking turns? Don't know whether it is worth me buying more than two controllers as once it's back home the extra two probably won't get much use. Anyway if anyone who's used it could let me know - let me know!

Cheers,

Dave.
Good point anybody know

KingOfGondor

Novice Member
i think wii play is only 2 player but could be mistaken

i believe SMB needs separate controllers for each player even on turn based games

wii sports can use 2 controllers simultaneous for boxing/baseball/tennis and then turn based for bowling and golf

NX3

Wii play is 2 player if I remember correctly.

Wii Sports
Bowling with 4 players with one or two shared controllers is fine.
Tennis, you need a controller per person. 4 would be great but expensive. Also you need quite a bit of room imo. Play a round robin best of 3 competition.
Golf, shared controller is fine.
Baseball, 2 controllers is all you need shared

D

Deleted member 380232

I had 4 remotes and ended up taking 2 back. I have WiiSports and WiiPlay and Zelda. Only really Tennis is proper 4 player simultaneous but you weed need a big living room as arms swing like mad and we found it more fun with 2 player - 4 was just not as much fun.

As has been said - most other games you can share remotes.

However, make sure you get an extra nunchuck as it's used for boxing which is clearly the best of the Sports games.

WiiPlay is 2 player only. Don't know about Rayman or MonkeyBall.

steggy

Novice Member
Oh and all the training modes in Wii Sports can be played with one controller. Some of these are better for turn based gaming than others though.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom