1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need Iscan?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by johnnyhaynes, Mar 2, 2005.

1. johnnyhaynes

johnnyhaynes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I have had my Sony Hs50 , I have tried a variety of combinations of interconnects and factory menu tweaks.
    I have found that rather than watch the movie -The Last of the Mohicans , I'm constantly fiddling-Until last night that is.
    I've finally settled for component Xios 1703 1 metre long interconnects , rather than HDVI.
    The question remains , will the Iscan take my viewing pleasure to another level ?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'd suggest you post in the Video Processing forum, but in principle yes, an iScan or Lumagen will improve PQ, by how much depends on the player you have to start with.

3. Member 14847

Member 14847

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Which iScan, the Ultra or HD(+)? If it's the HD or HD+ then yes. The scaling on the HS50 is adequate but nothing worth writing home about and if you’re using the projector to watch Sky, cable or Freeview as well as DVD then it will make a very noticeable difference. Also take a look at Lumagen’s products as they are better scalers but it's worth noting that they do not have the audio capabilities of the DVDO units.