Do I need HDMI 2.1 for my JVC X7900v

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I’ve yet another crap 10m cable let me down, this time after only three months! And it cost almost £100!!!
I have seen one for about £16 by True HQ, but it’s only HDMI 2.0. Do I actually need a 2.1? I run Apple TV 4K through the amp and my ps5 also.
I’ve been looking at hdmi.org certified cables. Not sure if I need to go that far or is it worthwhile searching them out?
There was a noticeable difference in picture when I tested two cables against each other. I was amazed at the difference one was deeper and darker and the other noticeably brighter. I just need a 10m cable that is robust and works for my needs.
Any advice would be great.
:)

Ricky loaned me one of his uber long cables when I was demoing a 7900, so you could ask him what he recommends if you don't get a definitive answer here.

Ricky loaned me one of his uber long cables when I was demoing a 7900, so you could ask him what he recommends if you don't get a definitive answer here.
I love my X7900. It was calibrated by Jules and looks amazing.
But I keep having to pull the floorboards up when a cable fails and this company’s hdmi has failed twice on me!! It’s so annoying that nothing gets moved, it just stops working! :(

That's very frustrating. The cable Ricky loaned me has labels on it saying not to bend it beyond a 6cm radius, so that could be an issue.

When I had my x7900 and now my Sony I have been using rupiro 20 m fibre optic cable hdmi 2.0b with now problems for the last 3 years.

When I had my x7900 and now my Sony I have been using rupiro 20 m fibre optic cable hdmi 2.0b with now problems for the last 3 years.
I’ve heard a number of people recommending that brand. Thanks for the link. I’ll have a look. Im
Just waiting to see what the company says on Amazon. I took out a 3 year warranty on it just in case!!!

Amazon product ASIN B09L156L4R
ive used this. bit of a bargain for hdmi 2.1 and 20M.

the other quoted above is only hdmi 2.0b.

im using it at 20m. tonnes of bends and stuff laying on the cable cos.. well im not a very organised guy... and its rock solid lol

Amazon product ASIN B09L156L4R
ive used this. bit of a bargain for hdmi 2.1 and 20M.

the other quoted above is only hdmi 2.0b.

im using it at 20m. tonnes of bends and stuff laying on the cable cos.. well im not a very organised guy... and its rock solid lol
It’s always a nightmare finding something that 100% solid. I’ll have a look :)

That looks a good old beast :)
I’ve just ordered a cheap one that’s been recommended but I may get this one and compare it as if I’m installing it in the flooring, it needs to be robust and that one looks good quality. :)
The one I linked you is perfect in my setup. The state of the wire has been mad abused by me. I'm thinking of picking up a second as I think inevitably that will be increased in price as its too cheap compared to the competition.

The odd thing again is that this 2.1 hdmi cable, again, presents a brighter image than the last cable. I know on paper this isn’t supposed to be possible. For example, on the tv show called Servant, with the okd cable, the red text on the titles was really soft and actually, quite hard to read, whereas this new cable is way easier to read. It’s like it’s several notches higher on the brightness. It’s really odd. Could it be something to do with the fact the other was a 2.0 cable and 4k, and this is an 8k 2.1 cable? I know it’s backwards compatible and this shouldn’t create a difference.
But even my son noticed the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom