1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need fancy electronics in my DVD player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by spiderv6, Apr 22, 2003.

1. spiderv6

Standard Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I'm looking to do a serious upgrade on my processor, amplification and DVD components.

I'm mainly looking at the Tag AV192R plus Tag amps and DVD and also the Arcam AV8, P7 and DV88+ (and others but not important....)

Anyway, my confusion is this, if the processor is going to be a super-dooper whizz bang affair processing every last byte of data, why do I need to spend a lot of money on a DVD player which has whizz bang processing that wont get used.

As far as I understand it the only thing that matters will be the jitter on the DVD player but all the processing is done by the outboard processor. In otherwords I'm paying for expensive processing on a DVD player which will never get used.

Am I right or am I missing something? Should I just buy a cheap but jitter free DVD player?:suicide: