1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i need better cables ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by sdevil, Jun 5, 2003.

1. sdevil

sdevil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have ordered Panasonic TX28PS1 TV & Pioneer DCS303 Home cinema system . As far as i know the home cinema system comes will all the cables needed but i wanted to know if i will need a good set of cables for connecting DCS303 to my TV & for the speakers. Can anyone recommend some good cables ? are there any Cable Kits avaliable with all necessary cables in there ? :confused:

Thanks
    Sdevil

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering how much did your home cinema system cost as it probably isn't necessary. Also check your speaker cables, how do they plug into the speakers and the amplifier end, are they bare wire or something else? If it's something else then it's probably using some proprietary design and thus can't be upgraded.

3. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi

Rule of thumb is 10% on cables.

Probably worth getting a decent scart to s-video/2 phono or s-video-svideo and 2 phono -2 phono for picture/sound to tv.

Speaker cable wouldn't bother changing.

Gus

4. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    10 - 20% of budget on cables. If you do choose to upgrade speaker cable, QED Original is decent stuff at £2.50 per metre.