• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Do I need an upscaling DVD player for my TH42PZ70B?

nashdm2

Standard Member
Just cut a deal, will be delivered soon.

So, apart from the new TV, Sky HD, ord SD DVD and a Denon home cinema amp, what else do I need?

Do I need an upscaling DVD player, or will the tele do the same thing with an ord SD signal?

Thanks,

Dave

YellowSphere

Prominent Member
Yes it will. Only look at upgrading the DVD player if you're not satisfied with the quality of the DVD picture after checking the settings and everything.

flygti

Established Member
Dont bother with a DVD player... get a PS3. BluRay + an outstanding upscaling DVD player... never mind play your mp3's, view your photo's and play games :D

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
Upscaled divx will always look pretty horrible. I think it will (the 360 will as well or at least it will for certain combinations of source res & output res, some 720p TV stuff I've got comes out taking up 3/4 of the screen if I have the xbox set to 1080i)

You need HD rips really.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom