Do I need an engineer


Active Member
I'm moving into a new build flat soon which has this wall plate in the living room. My current house has 2x sat cables running from the dish directly to the Sky Q box but this outlet only has One sat point. Do I need an engineer to install a dual feed socket to enable me to view/record skyQ?



Well-known Member
That plate has Q on it so presumably it is wired as a unicable system. You will need to reset your box to this mode.


F type to F type, then, as w2010 says, set the Sky machine correctly.
If you do need someone to come it won’t be an engineer, but a fitter at best.


Active Member
Just use a cable from the wall socket to input 1 on the sky box.
Press home on the sky box once turned on,
Go down to settings and press 0,0,1 select,
Move cursor across to lnb type and change it to scr.
Unplug box and let it reboot up, leave for a few mins as you sometimes get the no sat signal message before it kicks in.
If communal system has been set up ready for Q then it should all just work fine if no sat signal persists need to get sky out to check the system.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom