Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Do I need a transcoder?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Jagsta, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Jagsta


    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've built a hcpc to try out the vga input on my Loewe TV. I've tried this with my PS2 as the source into a hauppauge wintv card via a svideo connector (the hauppauge only supports composite via svideo).

    I now want to try it out with my STB or DVD player, both of which can output RGB or composite via scart. I assume that if I set the output on either source to composite I can just use a scart-svideo cable like the QED AV11 to connect to the hauppauge?

    I would like to get a better tvcard, something like the flyvideo 3000. Will I need any intermediate device to connect the RGB scart output of a source to the svideo in on the flyvideo?


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice