Do I need a Toslink to RCA adaptor?

MasterMark

Standard Member
Hello all! A bit of help would be massively appreciated.

I've historically been using Sonos as a multi-room system. In the lounge, I have been using a Sonos Connect, connected to a Pioneer A-30 Stereo Amp via analogue/RCA cable with external Dali Zensor speakers. All ok.

I'm changing from Sonos to Audio Pro and would like to keep essentially the same setup. Audio Pro's equivalent to the Sonos Connect is the Link 1. However, this only has 3.5mm and Optical/Toslink connections.

I understand using Digital out is preferable, but the Pioneer Stereo Amp doesn't have this. So should I be getting a Toslink to Analogue DAC (something like a Prozer 192 or a FIIO D3)? Essentially if someone could advise the most practical, best value solution, that would be great!

muljao

Try the 3.5 to rca first. There is nothing to say the dac you may buy is better than the onboard one in the audio pro. If you think the sound is lacking you could think about a dac then

MasterMark

Standard Member
Try the 3.5 to rca first. There is nothing to say the dac you may buy is better than the onboard one in the audio pro. If you think the sound is lacking you could think about a dac then

Ah that's good to know, thanks. For some reason I had it in my head that 3.5mm to RCA would be sonically inferior, but seems not the case. That's a nice, cheap-and-cheerful option then. Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom