Do I need a Qled or Oled TV, or just standard LED ?

kungfupondfish

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I want to buy a new Smart TV for my bedroom and I'm wondering what type of TV to get. I will be watching from 7 feet away and the chimney breast is only wide enough for a 43 inch max. It will be attached to the chimney breast with a wall bracket. My question is this....as it will only be 43 inches wide, do I really need to go for Qled or Oled, or will standard LED be good enough ? I will be mainly watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, Catchup & occasionally normal TV. I will not be gaming or using it for music etc. Any advice and suggestions on TV's will be appreciated. My still excellent Panasonic 46" ST30 Plasma TV will be going in the lounge, so this gives you the standard of picture I'm after or better. The picture is the most important thing for me.

Thanks everyone ☺ appreciate

Have a look at the guide. Need to consider viewing angles in first instance

unfortunately TVs sub 48 don’t display HDR well enough

Have a look at the guide. Need to consider viewing angles in first instance

unfortunately TVs sub 48 don’t display HDR well enough
Hiya, yes from what you've said and some other threads on here, I might have to go over the width of the chimney breast and go for the Sony kd49xh9505 if I want an upgrade from my excellent Panasonic 46st30.

A modern TV might not be any wider than an old one. Check the width measurements and not the diagonal screen size

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom