Do I need a new surround system ? Ageing Sony S-Master

St Helens RL

Standard Member
Hi I'm after some advice regarding my surround sound system.

I have just purchased an LG 47LW550T which I am using with a V+ box (not Tivo) via HDMI. I have an ageing Sony S-Master surround DVD system with wireless rear speakers, this has no HDMI so is wired into the V+ by a scart. and not connected to the TV due to the lack of HDMI. This gives poor lip sync.

I am planning to purchase a 3D Blu-ray.

As I cannot / don't want to connect a blu-ray into the surround sound with a scart, is my only option to purchase a whole new surround sound or can I just get a new receiver and 3D blu-ray or, better still, can I get a combined receiver/3D blu-ray for say £350 ?

I am reasonably happy with my speakers especially as the rears are wireless.

Thanks in advance.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
I think you will need a new system. If you Want an all in one look at Sony e280 or pioneer bcs212.

St Helens RL

Standard Member
Thanks, they look like possible alternatives. Unfortunately my wife has now decided that we need to get another system that has wireless rear speakers as does my current system.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
St Helens RL said:
Thanks, they look like possible alternatives. Unfortunately my wife has now decided that we need to get another system that has wireless rear speakers as does my current system.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Have a look at Sony e880 or panny btt 775. I think they support wireless rears, but you might need to buy add-on.

St Helens RL

Standard Member
Hi, thanks again, I had a look at both those, but in the end went for the E780, similar but with wireless speakers & wife happier with the smaller speakers so that settled it :)

Thanks for the advice

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom