1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i need a new box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by pete v, Nov 6, 2002.

1. pete v

pete v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone pls help. I have an old pace box connected to my plasma via vga with the help of a box from the doctor. The picture is poo and suffers from lip sync problems, any ideas??? Do i need a newer box e.g. sky +. Pls help

Pete

2. pete v

pete v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on pls dont just read it. anyone with any help would be appreciated.

Ta

Pete

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Perhaps you would get some info if you posted in the Plasma forum, I am sure there are more people with SKY and Plasma in that group than there is here:)

You don't say if the digibox output was any good when connected to another TV via scart, if it was or still is then perhaps the current connection method just isn't suitable for the combination of hardware. Lip sync might be cured if your amp has an adjustable delay although I've only seen that mentioned in reference to the optical output on SKY+ and not the phono output of a standard digibox.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Have you talked to the doctor about it? Could it be we are having a wind up? If not, then the lipsynch could be caused by a delay in this 'box', obviously not what the doctor ordered. I take it this is some form of RGB-VGA converter. It could be faulty, or your box is not set to RGB, or the resolution it produces is not native to your display. Makes and models, and I'm sure someone can help.